Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
‘A’ Wing, 5th floor, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. R.P. Road, New Delhi-110001
Dated: 26th August, 2019.
1. Registrars General of All High Courts.
2. Secretaries to Government of India, All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
3. All Chief Secretaries to the State Government/Union Territories.
4. Registrar, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal.
5. Secretary, National Company Law Tribunal,
6. Secretary, CCI.
7. Secretary, IBBI.
8. Secretary, NFRA,
9. Secretary, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), I.P. Estate, New Delhi-110002.
10. Secretary, Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICGAI), Sudder Street, Kolkata.
11. Secretary, Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI),Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Sub: Filling up of 06 (six) posts of Judicial Member and 05 (five) posts of Technical Members in the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) – inviting online applications for.
I am directed to state that online applications (available on portal https://apptrbmembermca.gov.in) are invited for the 06 (six) post of Judicial Members and 05 (five) posts of Technical Members, National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) constituted under Section 408 of the Companies Act, 2013. The number of vacancies are tentative and may decrease or increase without prior notice.
2. The selected candidates will be required to serve at any of the already constituted NCLT benches or benches to be constituted in future in different parts of the country in a phased manner with All India transfer liability as per availability of the vacancies/exigencies of work.
3. Qualifications for Judicial Member: As per the provisions of Section 409(2) of the Companies Act, 2013, a person shall not be qualified for appointment as Judicial Member unless he/she:-
(a) is, or has been, a judge of a High Court, or
(b) is, or has been, a District Judge for at least five years, or
(c) has, for at least ten years been an advocate of a court.
Explanation – For the purposes of clause (c), in computing the period during which a person has been an advocate of a court, there shall be included any period during which the person has held judicial office or the office of a member of a tribunal or any post, under the Union or a State, requiring special knowledge of law after he become an advocate.
Qualifications for Technical Member: As per the provision of Section 409 (3) of the Companies Act 2013 as amended by Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017, a person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Technical Member unless he/she-
(a) has, for at least fifteen years been a member of the Indian Corporate Law Service or Indian Legal Service and has been holding the rank of Secretary or Additional Secretary to the Government of India; or
(b) is, or has been in practice as a chartered accountant for at least fifteen years; or
(c) is, or has been, in practice as a cost accountant for at least fifteen years; or
(d) is, or has been, in practice as a company secretary for at least fifteen years; or
(e) is a person of proven ability, integrity and standing having special knowledge and professional experience, of not less than fifteen years, in industrial finance, industrial management, industrial reconstruction, investment, accountancy; or
(f) is, or has been, for at least five years, a presiding officer of a Labour Court, Tribunal or National Tribunal constituted under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (14 of 1947).
4. A person shall not be eligible for appointment as Member unless he/she has completed the age of 50 (fifty years) [Section 413(2) of Companies Act, 2013] as on the last dote of receipt of application,
5. Terms of Appointment: The Member(s) will draw pay in the pay level of 15 as per 7th Central Pay Commission plus allowances as admissible, Pay protection is available for applicants, serving or retired (Government officer or Chairman, Vice-chairman, President, Vice-President, Presiding officer, Member of a Tribunal, Appellate Tribunal or an authority, or a Judge of High Court), who are/were in higher pay scale, including apex scale in Govt. of India, The pay scale and other service conditions would be governed by National Company Law Tribunal (Salaries and Allowances and other terms and conditions of service of the President and other Members) Rules, 2015 as amended by Notification No. G.S.R. 632(E) dated 12.07.2018. A copy of the rules is also available on the website of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. A person selected, if already in Government Service, may retain his/her lien with his/her parent cadre or Ministry or Department, as the case may be, while holding office as such for a period not exceeding one year.
6. Every Member shall hold office for a period of five years from the date on which he/she enters upon his/her office, but shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term of 5 years. The term of appointment is, however, subject to the maximum age limit of sixty-five years.
7. Selected candidates will be required to produce a medical fitness certificate before joining.
8. Applications of persons working in Court/Government Service/Public Sector Undertaking/other organizations should be forwarded through proper channel within 15 days from the closing date of online application. The forwarding authorities should also certify (in the format given in Annexure-I of the online application) that the entries in the application have been verified from the records and found correct, and that no disciplinary/vigilance proceedings are either pending or contemplated against the applicant and that no major/minor penalties have been imposed on the officer during the last ten The forwarding authorities should enclose the up-to-date Confidential Report Dossiers of the applicant for the last five years.
9. Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for personal interaction/interview.
10. Interested persons are advised to visit the portal https://apptrbmembermca.gov.in, in order to submit online application from 10.00 AM of 29th August, The detailed instruction for filling up the application form online are available on the portal (under “Instruction for applying online” heading). All requisite and relevant documents need to be uploaded online while filling up of application. Last date for submitting online application is 10′ October, 2019 at 05.00 PM.
11. Print out of the applications after final submission on online portal duly completed, and signed along with copies of uploaded documents, and through proper channel, wherever applicable, should reach Shri Riazul Hague, Under Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Room No 526, A ‘Wing, 5th floor, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001 latest by 05:00 PM of 24th October, 2019.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tele. No. 23381349
1. All officers at the Headquarters of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi.
2. Technical Director, NIC, MCA with the request to upload the vacancy circular on the
3. Technical Director, NIC, DoPT with the request to upload the vacancy circular on the DoPT’s website.
4. E governance Cell, Ministry of Corporate Affairs with the request to upload the vacancy circular on the website of the Ministry.
(Certificate to be furnished by the Employer/Head of office/Forwarding authority)
Certified that the particulars furnished by —————– and application No__________ are correct and he/she possesses educational qualifications and
experience mentioned in vacancy circular. It is also certified that:-
(i) There is no vigilance or disciplinary case pending/contemplated against Sh./Snit. ———
(ii) His/her integrity is certified.
(iii) His/her CR/APAR dossier in original is enclosed/photocopies of the ACRs/APAR for the last five years duly attested by an officer of the rank of Under Secretary to the Govt. of India or above, are enclosed.
(iv) “No major/minor penalty has been imposed on him/her during the last ten “
(v) A list of major/minor penalties imposed on him/her last ten years is enclosed.
Name and Designation——————
List of enclosures:
(Strike out which is not applicable )