MCA is conducting KYC of all Directors of all companies annually through a new eform viz. DIR-3 KYC. Important points to be noted:
1. Every Director who has been allotted DIN on or before 31st march, 2018 and whose DIN status is ‘Approved’.
2. Due date of filing of DIR-3KYC is on or before 31st August, 2018.
3. Mandatory Information DIR-3 –
4. Certification of DIR-3 KYC-
5. Filing of DIR-3 KYC would be mandatory for Disqualified Directors
6. If director fails to file DIR-3 KYC the MCA21 system will mark all approved DINs (allotted on or before 31st March 2018) against which DIR-3 KYC form has not been filed as ‘Deactivated’ with reason as ‘Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’
7. After the due date filing of DIR-3 KYC in respect of such deactivated DINs shall be allowed upon payment of a specified fee only, without prejudice to any other action that may be taken.
8. MCA has notified 5 July 2018 and 15 Aug. 2018 as the Effective Date for Various Sections of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017, i.e. the date on which provisions of such sections shall come into force/ effect.
9. MCA notifies ‘Nil Fee’ and ‘Delayed Fee of Rs. 5,000’ for Filing e-Form DIR-3 KYC under rule 12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, applicable w.e.f. 10 July 2018
10. MCA notifies format of e-form DIR-3 KYC under new Rule 12A (Directors KYC) along with procedure for restoration of deactivated DINs of Directors, applicable w.e.f. 10 July, 2018.