Introduction: Like the KYC in Banks of Customers, Now MCA has introduced a new e-Form i.e. DIR-3 KYC for the KYC of Directors who have been allotted DIN. DIR-3 KYC is an extension to Form DIR-3 whereby the Director has to provide its Identity, Address Proof & other information along with Pers onal Mobile No. and E-mail Id etc.
A. For Filing Form DIR-3 KYC , following information is required
- DIN (Director’s Identification Number) of Director
- Director’s Full Name as per PAN
- Father’s Name as per PAN
- Whether Indian Citizen or Not
- Nationality of Director
- For Foreign National, Nationality will be as declared in Passport
- Whether Resident in India or Not
- In case, Non-Resident – Passport will be mandatory
- Date of Birth as per PAN
- Income Tax PAN (Mandatory for Indian Citizens)
- Valid Passport (If having), Passport Number needs to be entered
- Aadhaar Number (Mandatory in case of Indian Citizen)
- Personal Mobile Number and E-Mail Id for the Verification of OTP
- Permanent Residential Address
- Present Residential Address
B. Mandatory Attachments to be attached in Form DIR-3 KYC:-
- Proof of Permanent Address
- Self Attested Copy of PAN Card
- Self Attested Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Self Attested Copy of Passport, if having Valid Passport
- Self Attested Copy of Present Address required i.e. Electricity Bill or Mobile Bill or Bank statement of Director (Not Older than 2 Months) in case Present Address is not same with Permanent Address
The Mandatory attachments needs to be attested by the Practicing Professional also.
C. Certification of Form
- Affixation of Digital Signature of the applicant i.e. Director
- Affixation of DSC of Practicing Professional i.e. CA, CS or CMA
D. Pre-scrutiny of Form & Generation of OTP
- After successful Pre-scrutiny of Form, the OTP (One-time Password) Button will be enabled & generated on the Personal Mobile No. and E-mail Id Provided and needs to be enter & verify in the Form
Every Director who has been allotted DIN on or before 31st March, 2018 and whose DIN is in ‘Approved’ status would be mandatory required filing form DIR-3 KYC on or before 31st August, 2018. Otherwise, late fees penalty of Rs. 5,000/- will be levied from 1st Sep, 2018 and DIN will be deactivated.
Disclaimer: The Author does not in any way take responsibility & guarantee towards the 100% accuracy of the information provided in this article. The Author has tried to prepare the article based on the relevant information available & is a mere opinion of author. Other views are most welcome for the suggestions or improvement in the article.
The Author is a Company Secretary & for any query/suggestion can be reach at +91-7053054905 or Email at [email protected]