Company Law Board (Amendment) Regulations, 2012 – Amendment in regulation 30
NOTIFICATION No. G.S.R. 32(E)[F.No.10/36/2001-CLB], dated 18-1-2012
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (5) and sub-section (6) of section 10E of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), the Company Law Board hereby makes the following regulations further to amend the Company Law Board Regulations, 1991, namely:-
1. (1) These regulations may be called the Company Law Board (Amendment) Regulations, 2012.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Company Law Board Regulations, 1991, for regulation 30, the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“30 Inspection of record and supply of certified copies – (1) The record of a pending case shall be open, as of right, to the inspection and supply of the certified copies thereof to the parties or their authorised representatives, on making an application in writing and on payment of a fee of fifty rupees per day for inspection of documents of a case and ten rupees per page for supply of certified copies of order or any other document respectively and the inspection of record shall be pre-requirement for supply of certified copy of a case.
(2) The applicant shall distinctly specify in the application, the record of a case for which inspection or certified copies are desired and the application may either be presented at the filing counter or may be sent by post at the address of the concerned Company Law Board Bench along with the requisite fees.
(3) A person, who is not a party to the proceedings, has, however, no right to inspect or to obtain certified copies of the records of a pending case except with the consent of the party who has filed the case or under the orders of the Bench.
(4) The inspection of record shall not be permitted on the date fixed for its hearing without the order of the Bench.
(5) After receipt of an application, the inspection shall be allowed within a period of two working days and certified copies shall be supplied within a period of three working days respectively.