MINISTRY OF COMPANY AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 8th March, 2006
G.S.R. 148(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (4) of section 233B read with sub-section (1) of section 227 and clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 642 and section 610A of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Cost
Audit Report Rules, 2001, namely:‑
1. (1) These rules may be called the Cost Audit Report (Amendment) Rules,2006.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication, in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Cost Audit Report Rules, 2001, –
(i) after sub-rule 2 of rule 4, the following sub-rules shall be inserted,namely: ‑
“3. The Forms prescribed in these rules may be filed through electronic media or through any other computer readable media as referred under section 610A of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956).
(4) The electronic-form shall be authenticated by the authorized signatories using digital signatures, as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000).
(5) The Forms prescribed in these rules, when filed in physical form, may be authenticated by authorized signatory by affixing his signature manually.”
(ii) in the Form for the heading “FORM OF THE COST AUDIT REPORT”, “FORM II – THE COST AUDIT REPORT” shall be substituted;
(iii)before the existing form, the following form shall be inserted,namely’ –