CA Final Nov 2019 result has been declared yesterday and there would be many who would have not got the desired result this time. It is always very disheartening when you see negative result but the structure of the Chartered Accountancy course is such that number of students not qualifying is always more than number of students qualifying. In this Article I would be sharing my thoughts with those who couldn’t succeed in this particular attempt.
First of all it’s just a result and not end of life and if worked on mistakes and in right direction, then you can always turn it around in next 3-4 months. We people are so lucky that we get a chance to appear in examination twice a year unlike most of the exams in the country where there is annual examination. So, it’s matter of next 100 days only and I am sure you will be a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT in next attempt.
Following are few suggestions for those who couldn’t succeed in Nov 2019 attempt from a Chartered Accountant who has also seen failure in CA Final, so I believe this is personal experience which can’t be found in books or motivational videos.
1) Spend Time with Parents: Spend next 2-3 days with your parents. Just talk to them and speak out everything what is there in your mind as they are the only ones who have seen your struggles and hard work and only they can console you and put you back on track. You need to start again and Quitting can never be an option.
Always remember, “you have not come this far, to come this far”
2) Maintain Distance from Social Media for next few weeks: Try to maintain distance from facebook, instagram, whatsapp and all such platforms as it is always depressing to see your friends qualifying when you haven’t. It is Human tendency!!!!
Remember that Dialogue from 3 Idiots “Dost fail ho jaye toh dukh hota hai … lekin dost first aa jaye toh zyada dukh hota hai”
3) Post-Mortem of Result: Analysis of result is very important to succeed in next attempt. Write down marks scored in each subject and if there is variation of more than 10 marks between the marks scored and marks expected, then you must apply for a certified copy. Apply it immediately as it takes more than 20 days to get a certified copy. Once you receive it analyze very carefully where marks have been deducted so that you could work on mistakes.
4) Make a Study plan: The date sheet for May 2020 attempt has already been released by ICAI. So you have approximately 100 days left for exams. So make a study plan wisely and I would suggest to go for one group at a time particularly to those who have not studied much during last 2 months after exams. Don’t be in a hurry rather do what you are doing with 100% perfection so that you land up in the examination centre next time with 100% revision and fully confident. Start Planning for the Exam Day from Today only.
5) Accumulate Amendments and other Study Resources Soon: We usually see lot of amendments for May attempts since there is a change of Finance Act besides other amendments from April to October. So in next few days accumulate all the study resources from which you will prepare for next attempt. I would suggest you to continue with same material from which you studied in previous attempt unless there are many amendments. Always keep a separate amendment booklet for subjects like DT, Law and IDT since we usually see amendment based paper in May attempt.
6) Take leave from office Immediately: If your article ship is not yet over or your are working somewhere, then plan your leaves soon as it is next to impossible to appear for exams like Chartered Accountancy along with office. So, I would suggest each one to take leaves by hook or crook so that you can spend quality time working on your mistakes as 3 months are more than sufficient for a Group preparation. So plan for each day from now. On the other hand, there might be a few who might be so frustrated right now that they must be thinking of doing Job somewhere. Yes, this is possible but you must decide regarding leaves at time of interview as appearing for Chartered Accountancy along with Full Time without examination leaves is not possible
7) Change your Study Approach: Introspect for next few days and tell yourself what went wrong. Once you have found the reasons for negative result, the next step would be change your study approach. The change could be doing writing practice, giving equal importance to all subjects, preparing a theoretical subject with practical approach etc. This no one can tell and it’s highly subjective and changes from person to person. So you have to introspect and find a solution yourself.
8) Be positive for next Attempt: Do not think what others are thinking about you or the fact that you haven’t qualified but others in your circle have. Just focus on your Goal and start walking again and I am sure you will definitely prefix CA to your name in next attempt.
I am always available for any kind of Help/Suggestion you require from me. If you haven’t Qualified and you require any kind of suggestion from me, you can drop an E-mail at email@example.com
CA Rohit Kapoor