The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) launched a centralised web-based complaints redress system (SCORES) which would enable investors to lodge and follow up their complaints and track the status of redressal of such complaints from anywhere. This would also enable the market intermediaries and listed companies to receive the complaints from investors against them, redress such complaints and report redressal. SCORES would expedite disposal of investors’ complaints as this would obviate the need for physical movement of complaints and the possibility of loss, damage or misdirection of the complaints would be avoided. It would facilitate easy retrieval and tracking of complaints at any time. Investors will be able to visit the website http://scores.gov.in and lodge their complaints, if any, thereon. For any queries/ feedback or assistance, investors can contact 26449188/ 26449199/ 40459188/ 40459199 or e-mail to [email protected].
Dated- June 3, 2011
All Companies whose securities are listed on Stock Exchanges (through Stock Exchanges)
All recognized Stock Exchanges
Sub: Processing of investor complaints against listed companies in SEBI Complaints Redress System (SCORES)
1. SEBI has commenced processing of investor complaints in a centralized web based complaints redress system ‘SCORES’. The salient features of this system are:
2. All complaints pertaining to companies will be electronically sent through SCORES at http://scores.gov.in/Admin. The companies are required to view the complaints pending against them and submit ATRs alongwith supporting documents electronically in SCORES. Failure on the part of the company to update the ATR in SCORES will be treated as non redressal of investor complaints by the company. Submission of physical ATR will not be accepted for complaints lodged in SCORES. For complaints forwarded to companies on or before 20/05/2011, physical ATRs should be submitted.
3. The user id and password for logging into SCORES at http://scores.gov.in/Admin are being communicated separately to companies against whom complaints are lodged in SCORES.
4. In case the complaints are processed by the Registrar to Issue and Share Transfer Agent (RTI/STA) on behalf of the company, the company should indicate in the enclosed Annexure whether they require the facility to forward complaints to the RTI/STA, so that the ATRs can be uploaded by them. In such cases, the name of the RTI/STA, the name of the Compliance Officer and email id should be furnished, so that the user id and password can be provided accordingly. Further, failure on the part of the RTI/STA to update the ATR in SCORES will be treated as non redressal of investor complaints by the company.
5. This Circular supercedes the Circular No.OIAE/Cir-1/2009 dated November 25, 2009 so far as it relates to Annexure-C to the said Circular wherein the companies had to submit physical ATRs on the complaints forwarded by SEBI to them.
6. All companies whose securities are listed on Stock Exchanges are advised to comply with the aforesaid Circular.
7. The Stock Exchanges are accordingly advised to bring the provisions of this Circular to the notice of all the companies whose securities are listed in the exchange and also to disseminate the same on the website.
8. This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
9. This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in. Yours faithfully,
Chief General Manager
Office of Investor Assistance and Education
Email id – [email protected]
AUTHENTICATION FOR SCORES
1. Name of the Company:
2. Whether complaints processed through: □ RTI □ Inhouse
3. If through RTI, please indicate the following: Name of the RTI:
Whether complaints can be passed to them
□ manually by the company □ directly to RTI
4. The details of the concerned person of the company to whom User id and password will be sent:
Note: A scanned copy can be sent by email to [email protected] followed by hard copy