Securities and Exchange Board of India
July 31, 2020
All listed entities
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
Madam / Sir,
Sub: Use of digital signature certifications for authentication / certification of filings / submissions made to Stock Exchanges
1. SEBI, vide circular No. SEBI/HO/CFD/CMD1/CIR/P/2020/63 dated April 17, 2020, had permitted use of digital signature certifications for authentication / certification of filings /submissions made under the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 (‘LODR Regulations’), to the Stock Exchanges, till June 30, 2020.
2. SEBI has received a representation from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) stating that due to the COVID -19 pandemic and precautionary measures for its curtailment, Company Secretaries continue to face operational challenges in carrying out certification and authentication of documents in physical form.
3. Accordingly, authentication / certification of any filing / submission made to stock exchanges under the LODR Regulations may be done using digital signature certifications till December 31, 2020.
4. This Circular shall apply for filings / submissions made from July 1, 2020. Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of all listed entities and also disseminate on their websites.
5. The Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 101 of the LODR Regulations. This Circular is available at www.sebi.gov.in under the link “LegalCirculars”.
Corporation Finance Department
Compliance and Monitoring Division-1