CIR/IMD/FIIC/2/201 1 January 18, 2011
All Foreign Institutional Investors through their designated Custodians of Securities
Sub: Addendum to the Circular No. CIR/IMD/FIIC/1/2011
1. Please refer to the Circular No. CIR/IMD/FIIC/1/2011 dated January 17, 2011. In this respect it is to be stated that the word ‘revised’ as mentioned in the paragraph 4 subject line and text may be substituted with the word ‘additional’. Thus paragraph 4 is replaced as follows
4. The reports shall now be submitted with the following additional undertaking:-
“We undertake that the beneficial owner and the person(s) to whom the Offshore Derivative Instrument is issued in compliance with Regulation 15A of SEBI (FII) Regulations. We also undertake that the KYC compliance norms have been followed for the beneficial owner of the Offshore Derivative Instrument” ”
2. It may be noted that the undertakings to be submitted by the ODI/PN issuers are already mentioned in the Monthly Summary Report and Annexure A of the reporting format specified in the aforementioned circular.
3. All other provisions of the circular CIR/IMD/FIIC/1/20 11 dated January 17, 2011 remain unchanged.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act 1992, read with Section 10 of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
5. A copy of this circular is available at the web page “F.I.I.” on our website www.sebi.gov.in. The custodians are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their FII clients.