Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
Industrial Licensing Section
Press Note No. 2 (2019 Series)
Subject: Licensing requirement for Parts and Accessories in Defence Sector
In reference to Press Note 1 (2019 Series) dated January 1, 2019 it is hereby clarified that No Industrial Licence/Arms Licence is required for the manufacture of any parts or accessories in Defence Sector, unless they are specifically listed in any of the Annexures of the said Press Note.
2. This shall not apply to issue of Arms Licence for small arms by MHA.
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
No. 2(241/2019-IL, Dated: 11 September, 2019
1. Press Information Officer, Press Information Bureau of Ministry of Commerce and Industry – for giving necessary publicity.
2. NIC Section, DPIIT – with the request to upload the Press Note on the Department’s website.
3. Joint Secretary (DIP), Department of Defence Production, South Block, New Delhi.
4. Joint Secretary (Arms), Ministry of Home Affairs, North Block, New Delhi
5. Hindi Section, DPIIT for providing the Hindi version.