It has been gathered that you have filed Income Tax return for Financial Year 2011-12 . However, as per our information, you have not been allotted with any TAN (Tax deduction and collection Account Number) for the relevant PAN (Permanent Account Number).

The Circular, inter alia, provides guidelines on the following:

You are advised to refer to Section 200(3) of the Act, read with Rule 31A, which reads as follows:

  • You are not liable to deduct and collect tax as per the provisions of Chapter XVII B & BB of Income Tax Act, 1961 or
  • The manner of deduction of tax at source, including the rates of TDS
  • You have not applied for TAN, whereas you are liable to deduct tax or
  • You have been allotted with TAN, however, you have not filed any TDS statement till date or
  • You have been allotted with TAN and you have also filed TDS statement or/and deposited tax or

In case, you are covered under 4th or 5th bullet above, please do provide the TAN number and the details of TDS statements filed, if any in the following format.

PAN: As attached below

PAN TAN, if allotted or Applied

Liable to Deduct Tax? (Y/N)

Already Deducted/ Collected Tax (Y/N) Details of RRR No, if TDS Statement submitted

For any further assistance, you can write to or call Traces toll-free number 1800 103 0344.

Tags: , ,

More Under Income Tax

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Posts by Date

January 2021