MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
NOTIFICATION No. 8/2018
New Delhi, the 16th February, 2018.
S.O. 696(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’, a Commission constituted by the State Government of Maharashtra, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Commission, namely:-
1. Fees for Annual Licence;
2. Interest on Fixed Deposit and Savings Account;
3. Fees for Application / Petition filed;
4. Grants from Government of Maharashtra;
5. Fees for Documents;
6. Penalty for delayed payment of Annual Licence Fees;
7. Fees for RTI;
8. Sale of scrap.
2. This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the period 01.06.2011 to 31.03.2012 and for the financial years 2012-13 to 2014-15.
3. This Notification shall be effective subject to the following conditions, namely:-
(a) the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ does not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) the activities and the nature of the specified income of ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
(c) the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ files returns of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Act, Income-tax Act, 1961.
[Notification No. 8/2018/F.No.196/38/2015-ITA-I)]
ROHIT GARG, Director
Explanatory Memorandum : It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.