Many a times there are Mis match between TDS shown in Form 16 / Form 16A and actually deposited by Employer / Other party. However at the time of filing Income Tax Return the assessee claims full TDS as per TDS certificate received. Due to this at the time assessment CPC / AO send intimation of Demand. Further there are various reason and stages where demand raise, however there is no consolidated date based of status of each demand. To make it easier for assessee and to fasten the process Income tax Department has made online option available to update and Reply for any Outstanding Demand Notice Received by Assessee.
Currently Income Tax E-filing website has Popping up following image when we visit that site to spread the awareness among the user regarding outstanding demand and its response.
From this image also you will get the quick idea as to how we can comply with the outstanding demand in just 4 easy steps.
The detailed procedure for the same is as under:
|Step 1||Logon to ‘e-Filing’ Portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in|
|Step 2||Go to the ‘e-File’ menu located at upper-left side of the page ⇒ Click ‘Response to Outstanding Demand’|
|Step 3||Click the hyperlink Submit located under Response column (To respond for the Outstanding Demand)|
o If you confirm ‘Demand is correct’ then you cannot disagree with the demand again.
o If any refund is due, the refund will be adjusted against the outstanding demand.
o The taxpayer can pay the demand by clicking the link under ‘Pay Tax’ option.
|Step 5||A success message along with Transaction ID is displayed on successful submission of the response.|
Following are the additional Notes which need to be kept in mind while replying:
1. Kindly validate all the demands as per your records.
2. In case, you confirm “Demand is correct” then the demand will be taken up for adjustments against refund.
3. In case, you “Disagree with demand”, then please furnish details for disagreement along with reasons thereof.
4. Please contact assessing officer or concerned Income Tax Authority for further details in case rectification has been sought or if any petition has been filed. To know your assessing officer, Logon on www.Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in go to service Tab then click Know your Jurisdictional A.O
5. To request for resend of orders from CPC, please select Resend of intimation request
6. Demand position gets updated every day
7. Interest demand is linked to the principal demand of the same assessment year. This indicates that principal demand is already adjusted / paid and interests demand is only outstanding value. Hence does not require any confirmation.
8. If demand is shown to be uploaded by AO in the above table and rectification right is with Assessing Officer, please contact your jurisdictional Assessing Officer for the same.
9. For the demand against which there is “No Submit response option” available such demand is already confirmed by Assessing Officer. Kindly contact your Jurisdictional Assessing officer.
For any query you can write to Author CA Chirag Chauhan on Chirag@cachauhan.in . Before making any decisions do consult your Professional / tax advisor. Author does not take any responsibility for misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability neither for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document nor for any action taken in reliance there on.
Republished with Amendments made by Team Taxguru