Important Information on OLTAS Challan Correction
OLTAS Challan Correction is the functionality provided by TDSCPC to the deductor for correction of the Unclaimed and Matched Challans .
Assessing Officer approval is not required if OLTAS Challan Correction is made through website for change in the following fields mentioned below :
- Financial Year- Y. can be corrected upto the Financial Year relating to Date of Deposit of challan.E.g., if challan is of F.Y. 2008-09 and Date Of Deposit is 20-06-2016, F.Y. cannot be greater than 2016-17.
- Minor Head Code (200 and 400) – Minor Head 200 and 400 is allowed for correction through OLTAS Challan Correction available on TRACES.
- Major Head Code (20/21)- Correction in Major Heads- 20 (Company) and 21(Non-Company) can be corrected through OLTAS Challan Correction available on TRACES.
- Section Code – Correction in Section code except Section Code-195 is possible through OLTAS Challan Correction available on TRACES.
Note:- For correction/changes in Section Code – 195 deductor needs to contact Jurisidictional Assessing Officer
Brief Steps for OLTAS Challan Correction
- Login to TRACES website
- Go to “ Request for OLTAS Correction” under “Statement Payment Tab“
- User can Select any correction type mentioned below:
– Financial Year
– Minor Head Code (200 and 400)
– Major Head Code (20/21)
– Section Code
- Enter the challan (CIN) details and challan amount. Challan should be unclaimed or matched.
- If the details of challan entered are valid ,then user can proceed to edit the challans details.
- Updated values will be displayed in the summary table.
- Click on “Submit correction taxguru.in request” and confirmation screen will be displayed.
- User validates the details and click on confirm details view the verification details.
- Request ID details will be displayed
- Email goes to deductor’s registered E-mail ID on submission of Oltas Challan Correction.
Status of OLTAS Challan Correction Requests:
- Submitted to ITD : Correction request has been submitted to ITD for processing.
- Processed : Correction request has been approved by ITD.
- Rejected : Rejection reason will be mentioned in the Remarks column in Track Correction request.
- Failed : Request cannot be made available due to some taxguru.in technical issues in data loading. User can submit new request for correction.
Login to TRACES
Select – Request for OLTAS Challan Correction
OLTAS Challan Correction- Check List
Enter relevant Challan details
Possible Error message while entering Challan details
Select appropriate Financial Year/ Section Code/ Major Code/ Minor Code
Click on “Submit” Request
Possible Error message while Submitting the Request
Click on “Confirm”
Authorized Person details appear on the screen click on “Submit”
Request Number will be generated
Track OLTAS Correction Request
View Request Status
Click to View the Changes
OLTAS Correction Process Completed