Services / Online PAN Verification / Charges
Charges – Details
- The registered entities will have to pay a basic charge of 1,000 p.m. per user ID for the service.
- This basic charge will be paid in advance for 12 months at the time of registration.
- All registered users (except software based users) will have access to screen based query with a restriction of 750 PANs per day per user ID.
- Before the end of the 12th month, the entity should effect payment for the next 12 months for continuation of the service.
- For file based verification, additional charges of 60 per file uploaded which may have a maximum of 200 PANs (i.e. 30 paise per PAN) and additional charges of 300 per file uploaded which may have a maximum of 1,000 PANs (i.e. 30 paise per PAN).
- For software based PAN verifications there will be a charge of 30 paise per PAN in addition to the basic charge of 1,000 p.m. verification of 750 PANs per day will not be charged.
- The entities who intend to use file based verification or software based verification facility will have to pay an advance of 5,000 which will have to be replenished after the same has been exhausted.
- This service will be available only if there is available balance under the user ID.
- If the specified payment has not been paid by any user, NSDL may discontinue the service of such users.
- Service Tax will be applicable on all the above charges.
- The above charges are non-refundable. Only in case where the registration is rejected by ITD the registration charges will be refunded.
|Charge structure for online PAN verification facility
||Type of Facility
||Minimum Charge Payable
|Registration Charge ( ) per annum
||Service Tax (10.30%) ( )
||Initial Advance Payment( )
||Total ( )
- PAN verification upto 750 PANs per day per user ID.
||Screen and File Based
- Free upto 750 PANs per day per user ID in screen based.
- Above 750 PANs (through screen) per day per user ID will be charged at 30 paisa + service tax.
- For File based verification, additional charge of 60.00 + service tax per file uploaded which may have maximum of 200 PANs (i.e. 30 paise per PAN). Additional charge of 300 per file uploaded which may have maximum of 1,000 PAN i.e. 30 paise per PAN.
- The additional charges will be adjusted against advance payment.
||Software (API) Based
- Free upto 750 PANs per day per user ID. Above 750 PANs per day per user ID will be charged at 30 paisa + service tax and the same will be adjusted against advance payment.
Concessional rates for volume based PAN verification during a Financial Year (effective 1st January 2012)
|If an entity verifies PANs during a financial year as per below mentioned slabs, either through File or API based facility, additional benefit of increase in the limit of free PANs per day (screen based) and concessional rate of PAN verification is offered.
|Slabs (PANs verified during a financial year)
||Rate (paisa) Exclusive of Service Tax
||Maximum Daily Free Limit
|Upto 7.5 Lakhs
|> 7.5 Lakhs <= 15 Lakhs
|>15 Lakhs <= 30 Lakhs
|above 30 Lakhs
- Service Tax as per the applicable rate will be charged.
- The adjusted amount on per PAN verification and free usage (PAN verified through screen based) shall be adjusted exclusive of service tax.
e.g.: If an entity verifies 13 Lakhs PANs during a financial year through ‘Screen and File Based’ type, it falls in the category of > 7.5 Lakhs <= 15 Lakhs as mentioned in the above table. It will get the benefit of 1000 free PANs per day and revised rate of 25 Paisa for PAN verification. Benefit of increase in the limit of free PANs per day is applicable only if the PANs are verified through Screen based in the category of “Screen and File based facility”. The above charges are applicable for PANs verified through ‘Screen and File Based’ or ‘API based’ facility only. The annual registration fees would remain the same as before.