Notification No : 63
Section(s) Referred : section 35AC(1) (b)
Date of Issue : 24/2/2004
Notification No. 63 of 2004, dt. 24th Feb., 2004
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) read with clause (b) of the Explanation to section 35AC of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government on the recommendations of the National Committee for Promotion of Social and Economic Welfare, hereby approves the institutions mentioned in column (2) of the Table below and specifies the eligible projects or schemes and the estimated cost thereof as mentioned in column (3) of the said Table and also specifies in the column (4) of the said Table, the maximum amount of such cost which may be allowed as deduction under the said section 35AC, of Income-tax Act, 1961, namely:-
Sl.No Name of the Institution Project or scheme and estimated cost thereof Maximum amount of cost to be allowed as deduction under section 35AC
1. Community Aid and Sponsorship Programme (CASP). Casp Bhavan, Survey No.132/2, Plot No.3, Pashan Baner Link Road , Pune 411021.
(a) Running of (CASP) Longevity Centre at Pune and (b) Lovelihood advance business school Rs.202.95 lakhs for Financial Years 2003-04, 2004-05 and 2005-06 i-e; for three years only.
2. Foundation for Research and implementation of Endoscopic and non-surgical Management of Diseases (FRIEND), Sita Bhavan, 14th Road, Ahimsa Marg, Khar (W), Mumbai-400 052.
Prostrate Cancer detection and awareness campaign project at Mumbai. Delhi , Chennai and Kolkata.
Rs.80.00 lakhs for Financial Years 2003-04. 2004-05 and 2005-06 i.e; for three years only.
3.Pamyala Arts and Science College , Senpangjar village Churachandpur District, PO and PS Moirang – 795033, Manipur.
Expansion of educational college/infrastructure for Tribal/weaker sections students.
Rs.3.70 crores for Financial Years 2003-04. 2004-05 and 2005-06 i.e; for three years only.
4. Lakulish International Fellowship’s Enlightenment (Life) Mission . Block A. Second Floor, RBG Complex, Bahucharaji Road , Karelibag, Vadodara 390 018, Construction of 76 Bed Multi Specialty Hospital. Rs.260.63 lakhs for Financial Years 2003-04 and 2004-05 i.e: for two years only.
5. Grace Ministries of India , 2 Shivem Society, Talala Gir. District Junagadh, Gujarat Construction of School and Orphanage. Rs.106.50 lakhs for Financial Years 2003-04. 2004-05 and 2005-06 i.e; for three years only. However, the Committee did not approve the projects relating to construction of dwelling units for quake affected areas in Kutch, Anjar and Bhuj (Gujarat) and construction of Hospital at Junagadh.
6. Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority, Sardar Vallabhai Patel Sankul, Usmanpura, Ashram Road , Ahmedabad-380014 Construction of Sports complex – Eklavya Sport Academy Thaltej. Rs.1376.15 lakhs for Financial Years 2003-04. 2004-05 and 2005-06 i.e; for three years only.
7. Action for Autism,T
370 F – Chirag Dilli
Gaon, New Delhi
Construction of school/vocational training centre Building for Autistic and Multiple Handicapped Children. Rs.1.10 crores for Financial Years 2003-04 and 2004-05 i.e; for two years only,
8. Sarvajanik Shikoshonnayan
Sansthan, 345, Old Boarding House, Near Numaish Chauraha, Hardoi 241001(UP)
camp Rs.278.72 lakhs for Financial Years 2003-04 and 2004-05 i.e: for two years only and also asked for regular status report and monitoring of the project
9. Hindu Mission Hospital , 103, GST Road, Tambaram, West, Chennai-45 Construction of Building, purchase of equipments and purchase of Ambulance.” Rs.4.30 crores for Financial Years 2003-04, 2004-05 and 2005-06 i.e; for three years only.
2. This notification shall remain in force for a period of two years in relation to financial years 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 in respect of projects or schemes mentioned at: serial number 4, 7. 8 and for a period of three years in relation to financial years 2003-2004, 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 in respect of projects or schemes mentioned at serial numbers 1, 2. 3, 5, 6, and 9 of the said Table.