This article is applicable to all persons having the TAN No. (for TDS deduction purposes)
Currently, if there is no TDS to be deducted, no action is taken in terms of filing TDS return for the particular quarter.
Due to this practice of non-intimation, the Income Tax department has been finding it diificult to differentiate between the following two types of deductors.
1. Deductors required to file return but not filed.
2. Deductors not required to file return due to NIL TDS
Henceforth,the Department has introduced a new functionality in the TRACES site wherein the persons who are not required to submit a return of TDS due to non applicability in any particular quarter shall have to submit a Declaration for the same on TRACES.
1. Login through your registered id at www.tdscppc.gov.in ( TRACES site)
2. Go to “Statement/Payments TAB after login > Declaration for Non filing of TDS statement (as shown in the image below).
3. Fill the details require such as Financial Year, Quarter, Form Type, reason for non filing of return. After that click on ‘Add Statement Details’
4. Once the statement is added, click on proceed and then check the declaration box provided by the department.
5. Once you agree with the declaration, verify the details and proceed the transaction
6. The deductor will received the confirmation E-mail for the same on their registered email ID
Traces website has provided the pictorial E-tutorial for the same on their site for user’s better understanding. The link for the same is as under: https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/en/declaration-of-non-filing.html
Priya Sharma – firstname.lastname@example.org | KL Aggarwal Associates – www.klaggarwal.com
Republished with Amendments