IDS Instruction No.3
F.No. 1/20/CIT(OSD)/efiling/Electronic Verification/2013-14
The Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax/ CCsIT (By Name)
Ahmedabad/ Allahabad/ Amritsar/ Bangalore/ Baroda/ Bhopal/ Bhubaneshwar/ Bareilly/Chandigarh/ Chennai/ Cochin/ Coimbatore/ Dehradun/ Delhi/ Durgapur/ Guwahati/Hubli/ Hyderabad/ Indore/ Jaipur/ Jalpaiguri/ Jodhpur/ Kanpur/ Kolkata/ Lucknow/Ludhiana/ Madurai/ Meerut/ Mumbai/ Nagpur/ Nashik/ Panaji/ Panchkula/ Patna/ Pune/Raipur/ Rajkot/ Ranchi/ Shimla/ Shillong/ Surat/ Thane/ Trichy/ Trivandrum/ Udaipur/Vishakhapatnam; and
The Principal Commissioner of Income-tax/CsIT/CsIT(CO) (By Name)
Agra/ Bikaner/ Calicut/ Dhanbad/ Gandhinagar/ Gwalior/ Jabalpur/ Jalandhar/ Kolhapur/ Muzzaffarpur/ Mysore/ Patiala/ Rohtak/ Sambalpur/ Varanasi/ Vijayawada/ Delhi(CO)/ Mumbai(CO)/ Chennai(CO)/Ahmedabad(CO)/Bangalore(CO)/Bhopal(CO)/ Bhubaneshwar (CO)/ Kolkata(CO)/ Cochin(CO)/ Chandigarh(CO)/ Hyderabad(CO)/ Jaipur(CO)/ Kanpur(CO)/ Patna(CO)/ Pune(CO)/ Guwahati(CO)/ Nagpur(CO)/ Lucknow (CO).
Subject: Viewing of MIS relating to Tax payments made under IDS 2016 and tax payment and TDS claim matching before issue of Form 4 – enhancements of functionalities – Income Disclosure Scheme, 2016 – Reg.
Reference may be made to IDS Instruction Number 1 issued on 24.06.2016 and IDS Instruction Number 2 issued on 01.07.2016. The functionalities of viewing online Form 1, uploading manual/paper Form 1 received by PCIT/CIT, generation of Form 2 for e-Filed!paper Form 1, viewing of Form 3 submitted online and generation of Form 4 for e-Filed!paper Form 1 were made available to PCIT!CIT on the efiling portal of the Income Tax Department.
2. The key changes introduced in this release is the functionality to view MIS relating to Tax payments made under IDS 2016 and tax payment and TDS claim matching before issue of Form 4. The details of the steps are annexed. Accordingly, the process of reviewing Form 3 or uploading Manual Form 3 and issue of Form 4 have been enhanced. The detailed instructions are given in the user manual enclosed.
3. The Principal CIT or the CIT is required to personally access the portal and use these functionalities in the case of any taxpayer where the Permanent Account Number (PAN) is within his!her jurisdiction by logging in to the E-filing portal. The Principal CIT or the CIT can view the MIS reports both e-Filed and Manual Forms 1 and 3 and Forms 2 and 4 issued by PCIT!CIT by accessing the E-filing portal using the TAXNET for which a network node and RSA token are prerequisites. The URL to be used for this purpose is: https://efilingreports.incometax.gov.in
4. The PCCIT and CCIT in the hierarchy can view the MIS reports for both e-Filed and Manual Forms 1 and 3 and Forms 2 and 4 issued by PCIT/CIT by accessing the E-filing portal in the similar manner using their user ID, password and RSA token.
5. For any clarifications/ difficulties users are advised to contact the following:
i. Sh. R.K. Mishra, CIT(CPC) , 09449005568, [email protected]
ii. Sh. M. Jagadeesan, DD(S), 08762300586, [email protected]
6. This issues with the approval of Pr. DGIT(S).
Additional Director General (Systems)