Hon’ble President of ITAT announces to all the stakeholders that the E-Filing Portal developed in the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal is ready for launch post compliance of mandatory security audit in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Government of India.
|Justin Pradeep P.Bhatt
(Former Judge, Hon’ble Gujarat High Court and Jharkhand High Court)
Income Tax Appellate Tribunal
|Government of India
Ministry of Law & Justice
4th Floor, Pratishtha Bhawan,
101, Maharshi karve Marg,
Mumbai – 400020
Fax : 22036817
Date : 1st June, 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT OF E-FILING PORTAL
In the current tones of unique challenges on account of COVID-19 Pandemic, invoking digital strategics hate become the most effective way forward for judicial / quasi-judicial institutions all over the world. Our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji has been leading the campaign of Digital India and has emphasized that “We must ensure that technology is accessible, affordable and adds values”. While launching the E-filling facility in the supreme court recently, the Hon’ble Chief Justice S.A. Bobde said “Technology must be simple to use, and does not exclude any citizen anywhere. The rule of law must survive irrespective of virus.
2. Thus, in keeping with the above, I am delighted to share with all the stakeholders that the E-Filing Portal developed in the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal is ready for launch post compliance of mandatory security audit in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Government of India. The security audit is presently underway.
3. We, at ITAT, consider the E-Filing a norm and a standard expectation of our stakeholders today, and in line with the e-Governance policy of the Government of India. The facility of E-filing shall enable an economical and seamless filing of appeals and applications by the parties before the Tribunal, without being affected by the scourge of corona virus and maintaining social distancing.
4. It has been our constant endeavour to optimise the use of technology in the justice delivery system at ITAT, in keeping with our motto of . The development of E-filing Portal is yet another milestone in the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal’s transition to digitization.
5. The Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and detailed guidelines for use of facility of E-Filing Portal are under consideration and shall be announced once the E-filing Portal is hosted on the NIC server after completion of formalities, very soon.
6. It is expected that this initiative of development of portal and facility of E-Filing of appeals, etc. shall be of immense use to the taxpayers, tax consultants and other stakeholders.
(Justice P.P. Bhatt)