The Government of India has created 12 posts of Income Tax ombudsman at 12 stations namely New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bhopal and Kochi under the Income Tax ombudsman Guidelines 2010.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
NORTH BLOCK, NEW DELHI-110001
D.O. F.No.A-12026/3/2011-Ad.I Dated- 4th April, 2011
You are aware that the Government of India has created 12 posts of Income Tax Ombudsman at 12 stations, namely New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bhopal and Kochi under the Income Tax Ombudsman Guidelines 2010. Selection to the post of Income Tax Ombudsman is likely to be made for some locations which are likely to be vacant shortly.
“3.11. The Ombudsman selected shall be a person who has held a post in the Government of India in the HAG scale of pay of Rs. 67,000-79,000/-(pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 22,400-52524,500) on regular basis for at least one year and shall preferably be a resident of the city where he/she is proposed to be appointed. He/she shall be a serving officer (as on the last date for receipt of applications which is 29th April, 2011) preferably of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax). If a suitable officer from that service is not available, officers of equivalent grade of any other Group ‘A’ service of the Central Government may be appointed. When appointed as Ombudsman, the officer, if he/she is still in service under the Government of India, shall seek retirement from Government service, before entering upon the office as an Ombudsman.”
4. You are also requested to inform the applicants that if they intend to withdraw their candidature for any reason, they may do so on or before 31.05.2011. In case they are considered and selected for appointment by the ACC, they should not decline the appointment. If they withdraw the application after 31.05.2011 or if they decline the appointment or if they do not join within 30 days of the order of appointment, they will not be considered for any further appointment outside their cadre for three years. They will also then be debarred for consideration for appointment outside the cadre and in any Autonomous Body/Statutory Body/Regulatory Body for a period of three years. No further notice in this regard will be given to them.
Joint Secretary (R)
Shri Sudhir Chandra,
Central Board of Direct Taxes,
Ends: As above Copy to
1. Shri Shishir Jha, CIT(MC), CBDT with the request that wide publicity of this vacancy circular may be given through wspapers and related websites. ..
2. DG (Systems), CBDT with the request that this vacancy circular may be posted on the web site of the CBDT.
3. Technical Director, NIC, Department of Personnel and Training, Room No. 11/A, North Block, New Delhi with the request to post this circular on the DoP86T website under the heading ” Vacancies in the Autonomous Organisations”.
4. Section Officer (Computer Cell), Department of Revenue, with the request that this vacancy circular may be posted on the official web site of the Department of Revenue.
Joint Secretary (R)