From Financial Year 2005-06 onwards, TDS/TCS statements have to be filed on quarterly basis; however, as advised by Income Tax Department, acceptance of TDS/TCS statements prior to the FY 2007-08 has been discontinued at TIN. The following utility can be used to prepare quarterly regular as well as correction statements:
New e-TDS/TCS Return Preparation Utility Ver. 2.6 for Regular & Correction quarterly e-TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08 Download RPU version 2.6
NSDL e-Gov RPU_e-Tutorial (Version 1.7)
Key Features – Return Preparation Utility (RPU) version 2.6
- Changes in field level validations for field “Deduction under section 16 (ia)” under Annexure II (Salary Details) of Form 24Q-Q4
- In case of section ID 16 (ia), “Total Deduction under Section 16” should be less than or equal to Rs. 40,000.00.
- This validation will be applicable for regular as well as correction statements (C4 type correction).
- Incorporation of latest File Validation Utility (FVU) version 6.1 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards) and FVU version 2.157 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements from FY 2007-08 up to FY 2009-10).
- This version of RPU is applicable with effect from April 12, 2019.