STEPS FOR ONLINE CHANGE REQUEST
Step – 1
Visit: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/changeRequest.html Read the guidelines carefully and click the drop-down and ‘select’ the appropriate tax entity seeking correction of TAN data, below the section ‘Apply for changes or correction in TAN Data’.
Step – 2
Fill the online ‘Application for changes or correction in TAN data for TAN Allotted.
Points to note while filing up the online Application:
1. Fill all mandatory fields (marked with*) of the form and select corresponding box on left margin of appropriate field where correction is required.
2. If the data submitted by applicant fails in any format level validation, a response indicating the errors (s) will be displayed on the screen;
3. Forms need to be re-submitted after rectifying the errors (s);
4. In case form level error(s) do not exists a confirmation screen with data filled by the applicant will be displayed.
5. In case of applicant required any amendment to the data displayed in the confirmation screen, it maychoose the edit option.
6. in case the displayed information is correct, applicant shall choose the confirm options.
7. On successful payment of fees (in case the mode of payment is other than DD or cheque) an acknowledgment and slip will be generated
8. Applicant shall save and print the acknowledgment and send it to alongwith requisite to NSDL at
NSDL e- Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Streling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow chowk, Pune – 411
1. Dedcuctor/Collector can obtain ‘Form for changes or correction in TAN data for TAN allotted’ in the format prescribed by income Tax Department from TIN-FCs, or any other stationery vendors providing such forms or freely download it from NSDL website (www.tin.nsdl.com) or from income tax Department website (www.incometaxindia.gov.in).
2. Form to be filled legibly in ENGLISH, in BLOCK LETTERS.
3. Mention 10 digit TAN correctly on top of the form.
4. While filling the form, each box, wherever provided, should contain only one character (alphabet/number/punctuation mark) leaving a blank box after each word.
5. Left hand thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a magistrate or a Notary public or a Gazetted officer, under official seal and stamp.
6. For changes or correction in TAN data, fill all columns of the form and tick box on left margin of appropriate row where change/correction is required.
7. Please submit the proof of TAN, details of which being changed and proof of TAN/s to be surrendered/cancelled. Applicant may submit the TAN allotment letter receive from Income Tax Department as a proof on TAN. In case the applicant does not have TAN allotment letter, he can submit a printout of TAN details using TAN search facility provided at www.incomtaxindia.gov.in or www.tin-nsdl,com.
8. In case of address of the applicant changes to a different city and the new address fails under different RCC (Regional Computer Center of Income Tax Department), then applicant needs to apply for a new TAN form No. 49B.
9. The address of applicant should be an Indian address only.
10. ‘Designation of the person responsible for making the payment’ field is mandatory to fill up, wherever applicable.
11. The fee for processing of change Request application to be paid to TIN-FCs.
12. Deductor/Collector will receive an acknowledgment containing a 14 digit unique number from the TIN-FC on submission of the form. This acknowledgment number can be used by the deductor/collector for taking the status of its application.
13. For more information/application status enquiry – visit us at www.tin-nsdl.com – Call TIN Call Center at 020-27218080. – e-mail us at [email protected] – SMS NSDLTAN acknowledgment no. & send to 57575 to obtain application status. – Write to: National Securities Depository Limited, 3rd floor, Sapphire chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner,Pune – 411 045.