Introduction: Are you expecting a tax refund? It’s crucial to ensure that your bank account details are up to date and validated. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of checking the validation status of your bank account for refunds. We’ll also provide information on what to do if your bank has undergone changes or if your account needs revalidation.
1. Bank Merger or Branch Change: If your bank has merged with another bank or your bank branch has changed, it’s important to update your bank account details on the e-filing portal. This ensures that your refund reaches the right destination.
2. Account Number or Name Change: In case your bank account number or your name in the bank account has changed, take immediate action to update these details on the e-filing portal to avoid any refund issues.
3. Account Closure or Inactivity: If your bank account has been closed or has become inactive, you should update your active bank account details on the portal to receive your refund without delays.
4. IFSC Code Change: Has the IFSC code of your bank account changed? Make sure to update this information to prevent any hiccups in receiving your refund.
5. Updating/Revalidating Bank Account Details: To update or revalidate your bank account details, follow these steps:
6. Adding a New Bank Account: If you need to add a new bank account, follow these steps:
7. Checking Validation Status: After making the updates, you can check the status of your bank account validation. Your account should be marked as “Validated” to ensure a smooth refund process.
8. Nominate for Refund: Once your bank account status is “Validated,” remember to nominate it for a refund by enabling the ‘Nominate for Refund’ button. This ensures that your refund is credited to the correct account.
9. Failed Validation: If your bank account validation has failed, you can remove that bank account by clicking on the three vertical dots on the “My bank accounts” screen.
10. Important Note: Only bank accounts linked with your PAN should be validated and nominated for a refund. Refunds cannot be credited to bank accounts not linked with PAN.
11. Additional Resources: For more detailed guidance, you can watch the video tutorial on how to pre-validate your bank account: Watch Video
12. Further Assistance: If you require any further assistance or have questions, feel free to reach our helpdesk contact numbers:
Conclusion: Ensuring the accuracy and validation of your bank account details is crucial to receive your tax refund without any complications. Follow the provided steps to update, revalidate, or add a new bank account on the e-filing portal. If you encounter any issues, reach out to the helpdesk contact numbers for assistance. Don’t miss out on your refund; keep your bank account information up to date.