F. No. 48/1/2017/ASK/P.VIII/DOMS/
Government of India
Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue
Directorate of income Tax
(Organisation & Management Services)
Level-5, East Block-2,
R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066.
Tel. No.: 011 – 26170970
Fax No.: 011 – 26185607
Dated: – 17th April, 2017(Mon).
The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (CCA),
North West Region, Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, AP & Telangana, Odisha, West Bengal & Sikkim, MP & Chhattisgarh, UP(East), UP(West), Bihar & Jharkhand and North East Region.
Sir / Madam,
Subject: Proposal for setting up of Aayakar Sewa Kendras in Pr.CCIT regions during the F.Y. 2017-18 – Reg.
Ref: This office letter No. F.No.48/1/20 1 6/ASK/P.VII/DOMS/1939 dated 07/04/2016.
Kindly refer to the above.
2. The Directorate of Income Tax (O&MS) remains the nodal agency for setting up of Aayakar Sewa Kendras (ASK) all over the country and will be finalizing the list of such locations.
3. It is requested that 4-5 suitable offices may kindly be identified at the earliest so that DOMS can finalize the list for the approval of the Board within the stipulated time frame and process the proposal for administrative approval and financial sanction.
4. A number of yardsticks have been identified by CBDT for setting up a new Aayakar Sewa Kendra. A copy of these yardsticks is enclosed as Annexure-A.
5. Aayakar Sewa Kendras are also being set up in stations having V-SAT connectivity and no technical issues have been reported. So recommendations may also be made for setting up ASKs in buildings having V-SAT connectivity.
6. Since the target of the department is to set up Aayakar Sewa Kendras across all buildings of the Income Tax Department recommendations may include even smaller stations having single ITOs.
7. It is requested that atleast 4 to 5 buildings in your region for setting up of the new Aayakar Sewa Kendra during the Financial Year 2017-18. Priority may kindly be given to buildings where CIT is the senior most officers and it may kindly be seen that no such building is left out unless there is any compelling reason.
8. The primary requirements for setting up an ASK is the Sevottam node and the appropriate budget. The number of nodes required to setup an ASK is based on the workload in that location. Therefore, once the buildings are identified at your end, kindly send information as per Annexure-13.
9. The budget for setting up of the ASKs shall be determined and processed by this office depending upon the number of nodes and going by the pattern of expenditure in the previous years.
10. It may kindly be noted that setting up of ASK is a time bound exercise and funds are to be disbursed at the earliest for its timely completion. Accordingly it is requested that a list of atleast 4 to 5 Aayakar Sewa Kendras proposed to be set up in your jurisdiction during the F.Y. 2017-18 alongwith your suggestions if any, may kindly be sent to this office latest by 28/04/2017.
Addl. Director General(DOMS)
Encl.: As above
Copy to: Directors, Data Base Cell uploading on website www.irsofficesonline.gov.in.
Addl. Director General(DOMS)
YARDSTICKS FOR SELECTION OF ASK LOCATIONS
1. Ask Locations should preferably be in Govt. owned buildings. However, in charges, where no Govt. owned building is available for setting up of ASK, a building which has been rented for a long period of time and is not likely to be vacated soon, may be identified.
2. ASK should preferably be set-up on Ground Floor and in the front side of the office building. However, this yardstick is flexible depending on the requirement.
3. The requirement of space for ASK is determined on the basis of requirement of nodes for ASK based on workload of receipt of DAK and receipt of paper returns in that building.
4. In single ITO stations, there is no need to set-up ASK Prototype. However, ASK may be made functional at these locations with a single node for monitoring of services given in the Citizen’s Charter.
5. For technical feasibility, the location for ASK should preferably be within 100 meters distance from the server/communication room.
6. ASKs may be set up in stations having V-SAT connectivity also.
7. A Local Implementation Committee (with concerned
Pr. CIT/CIT/Addl.CIT as Nodal Officer) may be set-up to identify space, to initiate all work relating to setting up of ASK and also for monitoring the functioning of ASK.
Information regarding setting up Aayakar Seva Kendra (ASK)
|1.||Name of the building where ASK is to be made functional with complete address|
|2.||Description of senior most officer in the building:
|3.||If senior most officer is ITO, number of ITOs in the building|
|4.||Total number of officers housed in the building (Kindly give designation-wise List of Officers)|
|5.||Out of 2 above, number of Assessing officers (Range-wise) housed in the building|
|6.||Total number of paper returns received by the assessing officers listed at (3) above in the last financial year 2016-17|
|7.||Out of (4) above, number of paper returns received in the months of July, 2016 March, 2017|
|8.||No. of dak/ communication received by all the officer/offices located in the building during the financial year 2016-17.|
Note: – Please furnish this information separately for each building.