Non compliance with TDS provisions can result in :
3. Charging of Interest u/s. 201(1A) of the Act-
4. Levying penalty u/s. 271C of the Act upto the amount of tax in default for Failure to deduct tax at source, wholly or partly, under sections 192 to 196D (Chapter XVII-B) or failure to pay wholly or partly tax u/s 115-O(2) or second proviso to section 194B.
5. Levying of penalty u/s. 221 of the Act for non payment of demand raised.
6. Prosecution u/s.276B of the Act involving rigorous imprisonment upto 7 years with fine.
7. Penalty u/s. 271BB of the Act for failure to apply for TAN or non-quoting thereof.
8. Penalty u/s. 272A (2)(k) of the Act for non filing of TDS returns.