Manual > Update DSC
I have renewed my DSC. How can I update my DSC with the GST Portal?
To update your DSC with the GST Portal, perform the following steps:
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Login to the GST Portal with the valid credentials.
3. Go to My Profile link.
4. Click the Register/ Update DSC link.
5. The Register Digital Signature Certificate page is displayed. In the PAN of Authorized Signatory drop-down list, select the PAN of the authorized Signatory that you want to update.
Before you update your DSC at the GST Portal, you need to install the emSigner utility. The utility can be downloaded from the Register DSC page. DSC registration is PAN based and only Class 2 and Class 3 DSC are accepted at the GST Portal.
6. Click the UPDATE button.
7. Click the CONTINUE button.
8. Select the certificate. Click the Sign button.
A successful message that ” DSC has been successfully updated” is displayed.
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for information purposes only and does not constitute an advice or a legal opinion and are personal views of the author. It is based upon relevant law and/or facts available at that point of time and prepared with due accuracy & reliability. Readers are requested to check and refer relevant provisions of statute, latest judicial pronouncements, circulars, clarifications etc before acting on the basis of the above write up. The possibility of other views on the subject matter cannot be ruled out. By the use of the said information, you agree that Author / TaxGuru is not responsible or liable in any manner for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, errors or any kind of omissions in this piece of information for any action taken thereof. This is not any kind of advertisement or solicitation of work by a professional.