To retrieve your username, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Access the www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Click the EXISTING USER LOGIN button.
3. The Login page is displayed. Click the Forgot Username link, given below the LOGIN button.
4. The Forgot Username page is displayed. In the Provisional ID field, type the Provisional ID that you received in the e-mail, SMS or communication received from the State VAT Department.
5. In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, type the captcha text shown on the screen.
6. Click the GENERATE OTP button. The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered e-mail address and mobile number.
7. In the Enter OTP field, enter the OTP that was sent to your e-mail address and mobile number.
8. Click the CONTINUE button.
In case your OTP is expired and you want to receive the OTP again on your e-mail address and mobile number, click the RESEND OTP link.
9. The Security Questions page is displayed. Enter the answers to security questions that you had mentioned during first-time enrolling with GST.
10. Click the SUBMIT button.
The message “Username has been emailed to your registered Email address. Kindly check your email” is displayed. Check your registered e-mail to retrieve the username.