GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE/DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
CENTRAL BOARD OF EXCISE AND CUSTOMS
NORTH BLOCK,NEW DELHI-110001
Tel. : +91-11-23092628 Fax : +91-11-23092346
SPECIAL SECRETARY & MEMBER
D.O.No. IV (33) 16/2016 – Systems Dated: 27th January, 2017
My Dear Colleagues,
Subject: Migration to GST of existing Central Excise / Service Tax Assessees – GST MIGRATION SEVA KENDRAS – reg.
I am happy to note that in response to letter F. No. IV(33)16/2016 -Systems dated 06.01.2017 regarding the above mentioned subject, all the Zonal Chief Commissioners across India have shown keen interest in arranging awareness campaigns / outreach programmes to facilitate the taxpayers in Migration to GST.
2. Most of the Central Excise / Service Tax assessees have already been provided with provisional ID and password by GSTN, which have been made available to them securely in the CBEC ACES Portal (aces.gov.in). However, it is the responsibility of CBEC to adequately support all such Central Excise / Service Tax assessees in their migration to GST. For this purpose, I would urge all Chief Commissioners to personally arrange to have special GST MIGRATION SEVA KENDRAS in their Zonal Headquarters/Commissionerates /Divisions.
3. I am glad to note that Chief Commissioner of Central Excise and Service Tax, Bangalore Zone has already opened such Seva Kendras, details of which are attached to this letter at Annexure “A”. All other Zonal Chief Commissioners likewise ensure that GST MIGRATION SEVA KENDRAS are opened with the following minimum requirement:-
(a) 3-4 Personal computers linked to internet;
(b) Scanners and printers; and
(c) Adequate number of well trained officers.
4. These GST MIGRATION SEVA KENDRAS should be a one-stop solution for all Central Excise / Service Tax assessees to complete their migration process including online filling up all relevant details in gst.gov.in apart from scanning / uploading relevant documents. A power point presentation on the process to be followed by the Central Excise / Service Tax assessees for Migration to GST is attached for a benefit of officers as well as trade.
5. You may ensure that such GST MIGRATION SEVA KENDRAS are made functional immediately as part of the GST Training / Outreach Programme of CBEC, for which adequate funds have been earmarked to each Zone. You may continue to upload details / photographs of such GST MIGRATION SEVA KENDRAS in your jurisdiction along with the results achieved, in the CBEC INTRANET PORTAL -ANTARANG (https://icegate.gov.in).
6. I would urge that you bestow your personal attention on this very important task and suitably guide the jurisdictional Central Excise / Service Tax assessees to migrate to GST well in time.
All Chief Commissioner/Pr. Commissioner/ Commissioner of central Excise/ Service Tax