Every Registered Taxpayer including composition levy scheme will require filing annual GST return in form GSTR 9. It’s simply consolidated information of monthly & Quarterly Return. It consist of all details regarding Expenditure and Income during the year under different tax head i.e. CGST, SGST and IGST.
Annual Return is applicable to all registered person in GST Except –
1. Casual Taxable person: It means the person who gets registered under GST for Temporary period i.e. less than 90 days or period as may be prescribed by proper officer.
2. Input Service Distributor
3. Non resident Taxable Person
4. Person paying TDS U/s 51.
GSTR 9:- Regular taxpayer is to file Annual Return electronically in Form GSTR 9 through the Common Portal.
GSTR 9A:- The Person paying tax under Section 10 i.e. composition levy Scheme shall furnish the annual return in form GSTR 9A.
GSTR 9B:- Every Electronic commerce operator required to TCS under Sec 52 shall furnish annual statement in form GSTR 9B.
GSTR 9C:- Every registered person whose aggregate turnover during financial year exceeds two crore rupees shall get his account audited as specified under sub section (5) of Section 35 and he shall furnish a copy of audited annual accounts and a reconciliation statement, duly certified, in Form GSTR 9C.
GSTR 9 shall be filed on or before 31st December of the subsequent financial year.
Firstly, the normal taxpayer has to filed GSTR 1 & GSTR 2 and GSTR 3 will be auto populated with summary of above return in addition with some information i.e. payment info. Then GSTR 9 is required to file at the 31st December of subsequent financial year. In GSTR 9, we have to submit return reconciliation statement .At that time, there are differences arises which on account of GST Audit and GST Assessment order. On such difference amount, we have to paid interest and Penalty.
1. Can Annual Return is reconciling with GSTR 3B in absence of GST 3..??
2. Can we get option to make an addition in Invoices which are missing while filing in GSTR 3B with payment of interest because of new Tax reform..??
3. Can Annual return will auto populate from data of GSTR 1 and 2..??
4. How annual return will reconcile the value of supplies declared in the return furnished for the financial year with financial statement and such other particulars, as may be prescribed.
Any Registered person who fails to furnish the annual return by the due date shall be liable to pay a late fee.
Quantum of late fee: –
a) Rs 100 for every day during which failure continues in each CGST and SGST and not in IGST.
b) 0.25% of the turnover of registered person in state
Whichever is lower
Be Caution while filing Annual GST Return…!!