According to 24th GST Council Meet held on 16th December 2017:
1. E way bill rules will be rolled out on a trial basis from 16th Jan 2018
2. The e-way bill rules will be implemented in India from 1st February 2018
3. The states can opt to follow the e-way bill system anytime before 1st June 2018
4. From 1st June 2018 e-way bill rules will uniformly apply to all states.
Finally, the GST council
has mandated the implementation of e way bill from 1st February 2018 , but as said above its not mandatory for all states yet.
So what is this E-Waybill ?
E-way bill is an electronic way bill for movement of goods which can be generated on the GST Portal ( gst.gov.in) .It would be essential for movement of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value. In case of unregistered or registered , its compulsory to generate E-waybill.
A ‘movement’ of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value cannot be made by a registered person without an e-way bill.
There are rumors :- E-way bill will also be allowed to be generated or canceled through SMS.
WHO CAN GENERATE E-WAYBILL ?
- E-way bill must be generated when there is a movement of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value to or from a Registered Person. A Registered person or the transporter may choose to generate and carry e-way bill even if the value of goods is less than Rs 50,000.
- Unregistered persons or their transporters may also choose to generate an e-way bill. This means that an e-way bill can be generated by both registered and unregistered persons. However, where a supply is made by an unregistered person to a registered person, the receiver will have to ensure all the compliance are met as if they were the supplier.
What is a ‘Supply’ in Case of E way bill?
A supply may be –
- Supplied for a consideration (means payment) in the course of business
- Supplies made for a consideration (payment) which may not be in the course of business
- Supplies without consideration ( without payment)
Expected GST E-Way Bill Validity Period According to the Distance as :-
||Less than 100 km
||100 km or more but less than 300 km
||300 km or more but less than 500 km
||500 km or more but less than 1000 km
||1000 km or more
We would be Updating More on above Concern . Thank You
GST e-Way Bill generation- Things you must know