Article explains E Invoicing Meaning, Applicability of E Invoicing under GST, Mandatory field in E invoicing, List of Websites to raise an E invoice, How to Generate E Invoice under GST Using Offline Tool and Using GSPs (GST Suvidha Providers).
E Invoicing Meaning:
‘e-Invoicing’ or ‘electronic invoicing’ is a system in which B2B invoices are authenticated electronically by GSTN for further use on the common GST portal.
Applicability of E Invoicing under GST
e-Invoicing has been made applicable from 1st October 2020 to all businesses based on Aggregate Turnover (preceding Financial Year from 2017-18 onwards needs to be considered to ascertain the applicability of E-Invoicing.) , but irrespective of the turnover, e-Invoicing shall not be applicable to the following categories of registered persons for now, as notified in CBIC Notification No.13/2020 – Central Tax:
- An insurer or a banking company or a financial institution, including an NBFC
- A Goods Transport Agency (GTA)
- A registered person supplying passenger transportation services
- A registered person supplying services by way of admission to the exhibition of cinematographic films in multiplex services
- An SEZ unit (excluded via CBIC Notification No. 61/2020 – Central Tax)
||Aggregate Turnover in crores **
|1st October 2020
|| More than 500
|1st January 2021
||More than 200
|1st April 2021
||More than 50
** Aggregate Turnover means U/s 2 (6) of CGST Act aggregate value of all taxable supplies (excluding the value of inward supplies on which tax is payable by a person on reverse charge basis), exempt supplies, exports of goods or services or both and inter-State supplies of persons having the same PAN to be computed on all India basis but excludes central tax, State tax, Union territory tax, integrated tax and cess; “.
Mandatory field in E invoicing
- Document Type Code
- Supplier Legal Name
- Supplier GSTIN
- Supplier Address
- Supplier Place
- Supplier State Code
- Supplier Pin code
- Document Number
- Proceeding Invoice Reference and date
- Document Date
- Recipient_ Legal Name
- Recipient’s GSTIN
- Recipient’s Address
- Recipient’s State Code
- Place of Supply State Code
- Pin code
List of Websites to raise an E invoice.
How to Generate E Invoice under GST
Using Offline Tool
- Please go to the https://einvoice1.gst.gov.in portal and see the procedure for the preparation of the bulk upload request for IRNs at Help ->Tools -> Bulk Generation tools.
- Once you have prepared the bulk upload request file with the invoices, please login at the https://einvoice1.gst.gov.in portal. If you have registered in the e-way bill portal (https://ewaybillgst.gov.in), then you can use the login credentials (username and password) of the e-way bill system to login to the e-invoice portal. If you have not registered in the e-way bill portal, then you can register in the e-invoice portal at option Registration.
- On logging into the e-invoice portal, select the e-invoice option and Bulk IRN option.
- Now, upload your request file and generate the IRNs for your invoices.
- After generation, the system will also provide the mechanism to download the IRN form with all the details.
- In case of any errors, the system shows the errors with the requested invoices. You can correct them and request once again.
Using GSPs (GST Suvidha Providers)
- Before starting to work on this, you need to test the API integration with the identified GSP in sand-box environment (https://einv-apisandbox.nic.in/). After testing, GSP has to submit the test summary report, as per the format provided under ‘On Boarding’ at sandbox portal, to the email [email protected] After verification of the test summary report, GSP will be provided the production API details.
- Please login at the https://einvoice1.gst.gov.in portal. If you have registered in the e-way bill portal (https://ewaybillgst.gov.in), then you can use the login credentials (username and password) of the e-way bill system to login to the e-invoice portal. If you have not registered in the e-way bill portal, then you can register in the e invoice portal at option Registration.
- If you have registered with a GSP for E Way Bill and would like to continue with same GSP, no need to register for GSP again. Same credentials will work for eInvoice
- If you have not registered for GSP earlier, on logging into the e-invoice portal, select the API registration and select Create API User. Select the GSP being used for generation of IRN and EWB and submit.
- Create API user, by entering username and password and preserve them with you.
- Use these credentials and generate the token and request for the IRN
- You may register with more than 1 GSP for IRN generation.