Introduction: The Indian Goods and Services Tax (GST) system has introduced e-Invoicing, a significant step towards enhancing ease of doing business. This article provides an overview of the services offered by the four new Invoice Registration Portals (IRPs): Cygnet-IRP, Clear-IRP, EY-IRP, and IRIS-IRP.
Details: All four IRPs provide several services to facilitate e-Invoicing, including e-Invoicing reporting, an online portal, e-Invoicing offline tool, Direct API through GSP or ERP, Excel utility, bulk e-Invoice generation, e-Invoice Schema Validation, de-duplication check, generation of QR code for validated invoices, and e-Invoice cancellation.
Other services include a QR code verifier app, sending notifications by email or SMS to users, archival of e-Invoice data, and generation of E-way bill after Invoice Reference Number (IRN) generation. These services are crucial for taxpayers to efficiently manage their e-Invoicing processes.
However, it is important to note that while e-Invoice reporting and IRN generation are free services, any additional Value-Added Services (VAS) offered by the IRPs may have associated charges. These may include services like ERP plugin, e-Invoicing data transfer through FTP or SFTP, reconciliation of GSTR-1 Data, and invoice storage for more than 48 hours.
Conclusion: Taxpayers are advised to thoroughly review the details, data security, and costs associated with any additional VAS before availing them. In addition to the four new IRPs, e-Invoice reporting and IRN generation services are also provided by NIC-IRP. For any support related to standard e-Invoice reporting and IRN generation services, taxpayers can reach out to GSTN or their respective IRPs. This will ensure transparency, efficiency, and security in the e-Invoicing process under the GST regime.
Goods And Services Tax
E-INVOICE – Services Offered By The Four New IRPs
|S. No.||Services Offered||Cygnet-IRP||Clear-IRP||EY-IRP||IRIS-IRP|
|3||e-Invoicing offline tool||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|4||Direct API, Through GSP or ERP||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|6||Bulk e-Invoice generation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|7||e-Invoice Schema Validation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|9||Generation of QR code in respect of validated invoices||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|11||QR code verifier app||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|12||Send notifications by email, SMS to users||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|13||Generation of E-way bill after IRN generation||Yes||No||Yes||Under Development (VAS)|
|14||Archival of e-Invoice data||Yes||Yes||Yes (VAS)||Yes|
|15||Mobile App||Yes||No||Yes (VAS)||Yes|
|16||ERP plugin||Under Development (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||No|
|17||e-Invoicing data transfer through FTP||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||No||Yes (VAS)|
|18||e-Invoicing data transfer through SFTP||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)|
|19||Reconciliation of GSTR-1 Data||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)|
|20||Invoice storage for more than 48 hours||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)||Yes (VAS)|
Disclaimer :- e-Invoice Reporting and IRN Generation
1. Please be informed that e-Invoice reporting and IRN (Invoice Reference Number) generation services on all IRPs, including the 4 new IRPs, are provided free of charge. There are no fees associated with using these essential services for generating and reporting e-Invoices. The IRPs are mandated to offer e-Invoice reporting and IRN generation as part of their compliance process, ensuring that taxpayers can avail these services without incurring any additional cost.
2. However, we would like to highlight that any additional Value-Added Services (VAS) offered by IRPs are independent of the standard e-Invoice reporting and IRN generation and may have associated charges. GSTN has no role in the provision or pricing of such Value-Added Services.
3. Before availing any additional VAS, we advise taxpayers to review the details of the services, data security and their associated costs as offered by the respective IRPs.
4. Additionally, in addition to the four new IRPs, e-Invoice reporting and IRN generation services are also provided by NIC-IRP. Users can access these services at
https://einvoice1.gst.gov.in and https://einvoice2.gst.gov.in.
5. For any support related to the standard e-Invoice reporting and IRN generation services, taxpayers can reach out to GSTN or their respective IRPs.