Due date for Submission of MVAT Audit report is further extended till 30/04/2010.
No. VAT /AMD-1009/lB/ Adm-6
Trade Cir. No.13T of 2010
|Sub:||Submission of Audit Report for year 2008-09.
|(1) Trade Circular No. 27T of 2009 dated 1st October 2009.
(3) Letter received from Finance Department No. VAT-1510 /CR-17/Taxation- l dated 31st March 2010.
The Finance Department, Government of Maharashtra has examined and considered the request for extension of due date for submission of Audit Report. Accordingly, it has been decided to extend the due date for submission of the Audit Report in Form 704 for the period 2008-09 from 31st March 2010 to 30th April 2010.
2. In view of this the last date for submission of Audit Report in Form-704 for the period 2008-09 shall be 30th April 2010. Dealers shall be required to submit “the Statement of submission of Audit Report in Forrn-704″ alongwith required documents on or before 10th May 2010.
3. In order to avoid initiation of penalty proceedings, it is mandatory for the dealer to upload Audit Report in Form-704 on or before the 30th April 2010 and submit requisite documents (to authorities referred in Para 4(iii) of the Trade Circular No. 27T of 2009 dated 1st October 2009) on or before 10* May 2010.
4. For removal of doubts, it is hereby clarified that if any additional amount becomes payable as a result of Audit findings and dealer files revised return then the interest shall be calculated as per provisions of the section 30(2) of the MVAT Act, 2002. In other words, this extension, in no way affects the liability to pay interest as per provisions of section 30(2) of the MVAT Act, 2002.
5. Needless to state that no further extension shall be provided for uploading the Audit Report or submission of requisite documents.
6. This circular cannot be made use of for legal interpretation of provisions of law, as it is clarificatory in nature. If any member of the trade has any doubt, he may refer the matter to this office for further clarification.
7. You are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of all the members of your association.
Commissioner of Sales Tax,
Maharashtra State, Mumbai