Small Savings Schemes Interest Rate for fourth quarter of F.Y. 2018-19 w.e.f 01.01.2019 to 31.03.2019
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Schemes.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even number dated 16th February, 2016, vide which the various decisions taken by the Government regarding interest fixation for small savings schemes were communicated to all concerned.
2. On the basis of the decision of the Government, interest rates for small savings schemes are to be notified on quarterly basis. Accordingly, the rates of interest on various small savings schemes for the fourth quarter of financial year 2018-19 starting 1st January, 2019, and ending on 31st March, 2019, on the basis of the interest compounding / payment built-in in the schemes, shall be as under:
|Instructions||Rate of interest w.e.f. 01.10.2018 to 31.12.2018||Rate of interest w.e.f. 01.01.2019 to 31.03.2019||Compounding Frequency*|
|1 Year Time Deposit||6.9||7.0||Quarterly|
|2 Year Time Deposit||7.0||Quarterly|
|3 Year Time Deposit||7.2||Quarterly|
|5 Year Time Deposit||7.8||7.8||Quarterly|
|5 Year Recurring Deposit||7.3||7.3||Quarterly|
|5 Year Senior Citizen Savings Scheme||8.7||8.7||Quarterly and Paid|
|5 Year Monthly Income Account||7.7||7.7||Monthly and paid|
|5 Year National Savings Certificate||8.0||8.0||Annually|
|Publilc Provident Fund Scheme||8.0||8.0||Annually|
|Kisan Vikas Patra||7.7 (will mature in 112 months)||7.7 (will mature in 112 months)||Annually|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme||8.5||8.5||Annually|
3. This has the approval of Finance Miniter.
(Akhilesh Kumar Mishra)
1. The Secretary Department of Expenditure North Block, New Delhi.
2. The Secretary Department of Revenue North Block, New Delhi.
3. The Secretary Department of Posts Dak Bhawan New Delhi
4. The Secretary Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building Parliament Street,New Delhi.
5. Chief General Manager Department of Govt. & Bank Accounts Reserve Bank of India Central Office, Mumbai.
6.Reserve Bank of India Central Account Section Additional Office Section East High Court Road Nagpur – 440 001.
7. Chief Secretaries of States/UT Governments.
8. The Director National Savings Institute, New Delhi