Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) is a certificate that validates an exporter dealing with products registered with an agency/ organization that are authorised by the Indian Government.
Any person applying for
1. An authorisation to import/export on restricted items
2. Any other benefits or concession under Foreign Trade Policy (FTP)
Application of RCMC
An exporter made an application in form ANF 2C to register and become a member of Export Promotion Council (EPC). While applying for RCMC, an exporter has to declare his mainline of business in the application.
In case of an export product is not covered by any Export promotion council (EPC), then they obtained a RCMC from Federations of Indian export organisations (FIEO)
Validity Period of RCMC
It shall be valid from 1st April of licensing year in which it was issued and shall be valid for five years ending 31st march of the licensing year.
Intimation regarding change in constitution of business of RCMC holder
In case of change in ownership, constitution, name or address of an exporter, then the RCMC holder to intimate such changes to the EPC within period of one month.
Electronics and computer software Export Promotion Council (ESC)
ESC is an organisation sponsored by Govt. of India to assist Indian companies in the Electronics, Telecom, Computer Software / Services and ITeS sectors in enhancing their exports to global markets. ESC provides a number of services to its member companies which help them to increase their export to various countries of the world.
As per the Foreign Trade Policy of India, ESC is the Registering Authority for Indian Electronics, Computer Software and ITeS/BPO exporters.
Benefits of ESC Members
ESC members enjoy various benefits under the Foreign Trade Policy of India as mentioned below :
1. Advanced Licence
2. Duty Draw Back Scheme
3. Deemed Export Benefit
5. Any other licence to import/export
6. No requirement of Bank Guarantee along with Bond while exporting.
Procedure to get a RCMC Certificate
Any manufacturer or trader in the following sectors can apply for ESC membership either online or offline with ESC
Products covered under Electronics Hardware:
1. Consumer Electronics
2. Electronics Instruments/Office Equipment/Medical Equipment/Strategic Electronics
3. Electronic Components & Sub – Assemblies
4. Computer Hardware and Peripherals
5. Telecom equipment
Required Documents to be submitted along with application
1. Self certified copy of Importer – Exporter Code certificate
2. Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company
3. List of Directors along with their residential addresses and contact numbers duly signed by authorized signatory
4. If registration is required as a manufacturer exporter, a photocopy of the evidence indicating that applicant is manufacturer. (Copy of SSI registration certificate/SIA approval acknowledgement 100% EOU or EPZ board approved letter etc.).
5. A certificate (in original) from a Chartered Accountant, certifying the export turnover figure (FOB value in Rupees) during year before the preceding year. In case there was no export during the preceding year (for new members) a NIL certificate should be obtained from the Chartered Accountant and attached.
6. Applicable amount of Annual Membership Fee to be paid.
Monthly returns of export including NIL returns to the registering authority by 15th day of the months following the quarter.
The above article is for information purpose only. No one should act on the above information without appropriate professional advice. I expressly disclaim for any loss or damage caused to any person as a result of utilizing such information.