TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
PUBLIC NOTICE No. 43 /2002-07
NEW DELHI: the 18th October, 2002
In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 2.4 of the Export and Import Policy, 2002-07, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendments in the Handbook of Procedures (Vol.1):-
1) Para 6.2 (b) is amended and a new para 6.2 (bb) is added as under:
“ 6.2 (b) Raw materials, components, consumables, intermediates, spares and packing materials.
6.2 (bb) Others:
(i) Prototypes and technical samples for existing product(s) and product diversification, development or evaluation.
(ii) Drawings, blue prints, charts, microfilms and technical data;
(iii) Office equipment, including PABX, Fax machines, projection system, computers, laptop, server;
(iv) Spares and consumables, for the above items.
(v) Any other item with the approval of the BOA
Note: The above items may be new or second hand.
2) A last sub para is added to para 8.6.5 as under for granting the benefits of deemed export benefits for supply of cupro nickel coin blanks to a mint of the Government of India:
In terms of the provision of para 8.2 (f) of the Exim Policy 2002-07, the benefits of deemed exports under para 8.3 (a), (b), and (c) whichever is applicable , would be available for the supply of Cupro Nickel Coin Blanks to a Mint of the Government of India, provided the goods are manufactured in India and subject to the fulfilment of condition No 26 against S.No 191 of Customs Notification No 21/2002 dated 01.03.2002 (as amended from time to time).
3) The penalty for delay in intimation of the change in the name or constitution of an IEC holder beyond 60 days from the date of such change has been reduced to Rs 1000/- from Rs 5000/-. Accordingly the last sentence of para 9.1 (b) is amended as under:
Provided, however , the licencing authority issuing IEC Code may, condone the delay on payment of a penalty of Rs 1000/-.
4) Appendix 10 A pertaining to the “Data Sheet for DEPB Rates” is amended as per annexure to this Public Notice:
5) The following is added as S.No 1 (i) of Appendix 12 pertaining to “Format of Project Authority Certificate”
(i) That supply of cupro nickel coins to a mint of the Government of India has been made in accordance with the provision of para 8.6.5 of the Handbook of Procedures (Vol 1) and the import content of the order is Rs . (Figures and words…………………..).
6) The footnote to S.No 2. of Appendix 12 pertaining to “Format of Project Authority Certificate” is amended as under:
* Relevant only for contract at Paragraph 1(a), (b), (d), (e), (f), (g) and (h) for which Annexure-I to Appendix 12 be furnished.
7) The following are added as S.No (viii) of Forms I-A and I-B under Appendix 12 A pertaining to the “ Format of Certificate of Payments Issued by the Project Authority” as under:
(viii) Supply of cupro nickel coins to the mint of the Government of India as per Public Notice No 1(FT) DEA/ 2002 dated 13.09.2002 of the Department of Economic Affairs which extends the deemed export benefits to such supplies.
*(viii) Supply of cupro nickel coins to the mint of the Government of India
This issues in public interest.
Director General of Foreign Trade
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(File No: 01/94/180/26/AM03/ PC IV)
Annexure to Public Notice No 43 dated 18.10.2002
APPENDIX – 10 A
DATA SHEET FOR DEPB RATES
Note:Please see paragraph 4.38 of this Handbook (Vol.1)
FOR OFFICIAL USE
1. Name and address of the applicant
2. IEC No.
3. Item of export for which fixation of DEPB rate is sought.
|Description of Item of export||Sl.No. in Handbook (Vol.2)||Inputs allowed|
|Description||ITC(HS) (Code)||Basic Customs Duty|
4.Total exports effected during preceding three licensing year
|Year||FOB value ( Rs.)|
5. Exports made during past one year of the item for which DEPB rate is applied for.
|Item of export||Quantity||FOB value
6. Details of imports effected during the past one year of inputs allowed under Standard Input Output Norms (Handbook of Procedures -Vol.2)
|Sr. No.||Item of import||Bill of Entry No. and date||Quantity of import||CIF value||Per unit CIF value|
7. Details of international journals/magazine evidencing international price of inputs in support of the data furnished above.
8. WORKSHEET FOR COMPUTATION OF DEPB RATES
|FOB value per unit quantity
of export product (Kg./MT etc.)
|Description of import items allowed as per SION||Quantity of import item allowed for each of the input as per SION
|CIF value per unit quantity (Kg./MT etc.) of each of the item allowed for import in SION
|CIF value of each of the input allowed for import in SION
[Column (3) X Column (4)]
|Rate of basic Customs Duty against each of the input allowed for import in SION||Effective basic Customs duty against each of the input allowed for import in SION
Column (5) X Column (6)
|Total Customs Duty
a) I/We hereby declare that the particulars and the statements made in this application are true and correct to the best of my /our knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed or held therefrom.
b) I/We fully understand that any information furnished in the application if proved incorrect or false will render me/us liable for any penal action or other consequences as may be prescribed in law or otherwise warranted.
c) I/We undertake to abide by the provisions of the Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992, the Rules and Orders framed thereunder, the Export and Import Policy and the Handbook of Procedures.
d) I/We hereby declare that I/we have submitted a copy of the data sheet and supporting documents to ______Export Promotion Council/Commodity Board on ______(Date).
e) I hereby certify that I am authorised to verify and sign this declaration as per Paragraph 9.9 of the Policy.
(SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT)
Name in Block Letters
Date : Residential address
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING THE DATA SHEET
a) Submit in duplicate, Appendix I-A of Handbook (Vol.1) alongwith the data sheet.
b) In support of export data furnished at S.No.5,6 and 7 of the data sheet, copies of a minimum of 5 Shipping Bills/ Bills of Entry need to be submitted for each item of export/ import during the past one year. This may however be restricted to two Shipping Bills/ Bills of entry per month for exports/ imports effected during the past one year. Alternatively, in lieu of the Bills of Entry, the firm may submit copies of Customs data for imports containing the name of the raw materials, quantity, CIF value , name of the importers, port of import etc.
c) International price of items of import as obtained from international journals/ magazines is to be submitted only in support of actual imports as detailed at S.No.6 and 7 of the data sheet.
d) 25 copies of the data sheet is to be submitted. However, only two copies of the supporting documents viz. relevant Shipping Bills is to be submitted in support of all the data as furnished by the applicant on the data sheet.
e) If the applicant has insufficient data on the items of import/export, he may also submit data and documents of other exporters of the same export product.
f) A copy of the Data Sheet and supporting documents should simultaneously be submitted to the concerned Export Promotion Council/Commodity Board.
g) The DEPB rate shall be fixed only for those products for which Standard Input Output Norms have been notified. In case of an export product for which Standard Input Output Norms is not fixed, the applicant has to first apply for fixation of SION.