OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
DPD CELL, NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA-URAN, DIST-RAIGAD,
F. No. S/22-Gen-42812017-18/DPD Cell
SUB:- Scanning of containers selected for scanning – facilitation provided to AEO-T1 importers due to COVID-19 pandemic— reg.
Attention of all Importers, General Trade, Port Terminal Operators, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to Public Notice No.04/2019 dated 04.01.2019 and Public Notice No. 12/2019 dated 06.02.2019,whereby procedure to be followed for scanning of containers selected for scanning has been prescribed.
2. As per Public Notice No.12/2019 dated 06.02.2019, AEO-T1 importers availing DPDDPD mode of delivery, who wish to use their own logistic / transport for evacuation of containers selected for scanning at Drive Through Scanner (DTS) are required to submit a Bond equivalent to the value of goods for each consignment at Customs Boarding Office, making them responsible for safety and security of cargo in addition to the revenue involved while transporting containers from Terminals of JNCH to DTS site located near PUB at The Bond is cancelled by the Boarding Officer after production of ‘Scan Clean’ report from Container Scanning Division (CSD) and Customs ‘Out of Charge’ for that particular consignment from RMS Facilitation Centre at JNCH.
3. Importers have reported that during lockdown due to COVID-19 they are not able to get stamp papers and get the bond notarised due to non-availability of vendors and notary public. In view of the above, it has been decided that AEO-T1 importers availing DPD-DPD mode of delivery can evacuate their containers selected for scanning at Drive Through Scanner (DTS) by submitting scanned copy of content of 1 bond on their letterhead duly signed and sent it on e-mail id boardingofficejnchcom. The content will be same as that of the Bond which is presently submitted by the importers. Importers shall submit Bond on stamp paper duly notarised within 15 days after the lockdown period is over.
4. The Public Notice No.12/2019 dtd. 06.02.2019 stands modified to the above extent This measure will be in force till further notice from this office.
5. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Sh. DipinSingla, Joint Commissioner, NS-III, JNCH (Mobile No.9711105944/email id –email@example.com).
6. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice will be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of officers/staff.
(S. K. VIMALANATHAN)
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-Ill)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II,JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V,JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs,JNCH.
4. Representative of BCBA / FIEO – For information and circulation among their members.
5. DC/EDI for uploading on JNCH website.
Note : 1. The words “content of’ inserted vide corrigendum dated 03 04.2020 issued vide file no. S/22- Gen-428/2017-18/DPD Cell (DIN No.20200478NV00001XAGE6).