OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS NS-II &
IV JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA TAL: URAN, DIST. RAIGAD,
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 150/2017
SUB : Implementing Electronic Sealing for containers by exporters under self-sealing procedure by circular 26/2017-Customs dated 01.07.2017, 36/2017 dated 28.08.2017, 37/2017 dated 20.09.2017 and 41/2017 dated 30.10.2017 –reg.
Attention of the Exporters, Custom Brokers and all concerned are invited to the Board Circular No. 44/2017-Customs dated 18th November, 2017 and Public Notice No. 145/2017 issued vide F. No. S/12-Gen-82/2015 AM(X) (Part File) dated 10/11/2017.
Paras 8.1 and 8.2 of circular 41/2017-Customs dated 30th October, 2017 prescribed the following dates for mandatory e-sealing:
(a) AEOs and Units having permission to self –seal without supervision of a Central Excise Officer were to mandatorily use RDID e seals with effect from 8th November, 2017 when exporting from the ports/ICDs listed in the aforesaid circular.
(b) In respect of units who were availing sealing at approved premises but in presence of Central Excise officers (or now officers from the GST Commissionerate of the CBEC ) with effect from 20thNovember, 2017.
2. Representations have been received from several trade association, exporters, custodians and other stakeholders for relaxing the requirement for mandatory e-sealing in view of insufficient stock of e-seals with the notified vendors and that all eligible categories of exporters have not been able to acquire seals for adopting the new procedures.
3) Taking this into consideration, the Board has decided the following:
(i) All entitled Exporters who have acquired RFID e-seals and are stuffing containers at approved premises for export through Ports/ICDs where facilities for readers are available shall be free to continue / adopt the new e-sealing procedure and need not seek presence of officers of the department for supervising stuffing. Essentially, this implies that the procedure is voluntary for entitled exporters till 15th December, 2017.
(ii) Further, with effect from 15th December, 2017 e-sealing shall become mandatory in respect of the exporters, who have been permitted self-sealing facilities under the erstwhile excise procedure or GST regime, AEO exporters and exporters availing supervised stuffing at their premises for the following locations.
1. JNCH, Nhava Sheva (INNSA1)
2. Chennai Port (INMAA1)
3. Mundra Port (INMUN1)
4. Hazira Port (INHZA1)
5. Cochin Port (INCOK1)
6. Kattupalli, Port (INKAT1)
7. Kolkata Port (INCCU1)
8. ICD Tughlakabad (INTKD6)
9. Tuticorin Port (INTUT1)
10. Pipavav Port (INPAV1)
11. Vishakhapatnam Port (INVTZ1)
12. Krishnapatnam Port (INKRI1)
13. ICD Bangalore (INWFD6)
14. ICD Tirupur (INTUP6)
15. ICD Ludhiana (INLDH6)
(iii) Finally, e-sealing procedure for Full Container Load stuffed at approved premises would be mandatory with effect from 1st January, 2018 for all Ports/ICDs.
4. It is once again clarified that the exporters who have already switched to new procedure may continue with new procedure and exporters who intend to voluntarily adopt new e=sealing procedure are free to do so, if the readers are in place at the Customs Station of export. Exporters availing stuffing at approved premises under supervision shall continue to do so through the GST Commissionerates of the CBEC.
5. Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House has already taken necessary steps to ensure that officers familiarize themselves with equipment, procedures and systems with respect to RFID e-sealing for facilitating smooth transition to the technology enabled system.
6. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Preventive General, NS-G through email / phones (details available on JNCH Website).
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
2. All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
3. All Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
4. All Deputy/Asst. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website.
6. Bombay Custom Broker’s Association.
7. All Other Trade Associations.