Follow Us :
Circular No. 75/95
dated 28/6/95
F.No. 605/57/95- DBK
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue, New Delhi

Subject :- Circular No. 32/95 – Taking a Bond/ Bank guarantee by the Custom House/ Port in which DEEC Book is registered – Regarding.

A reference has been received from some of the Commissioners of Customs pointing out that the procedure laid down in Para 2.4 of Ministry’s Customs House is to accept the Bond/ Bank Guarantee which is to be executed by the importer for goods imported under the Exemption Notification Nos. 79/95 and 80/95 dated 31.3.95. Different Custom Houses are reported to be following different practices, which may result in the importers having to execute more than One Bond/Bank guarantee if the goods are imported at more than one Port.

2. The matter has been examined in the Ministry and it has been decided that with a view to remove any inconvenience which the importers/ exporters have to face on this account, and also to ensure more effective monitoring of the export obligation by the Customs House, the Bond/Bank Guarantee must be taken by the Custom House in which the application for advance Licence/ DEEC Book is registered by the exporter. Where the goods are imported at a Port other than the Port of Registration, the Customs House which issues the Telegraphic Release Advice (TRA) will take the Bond/ Bank Guarantee and endorse the facts of the amount of the Bond/ Bank Guarantee taken on the TRA issued by it to the Port of Clearance. The Port of Clearance/ Customs House must after making the endorsement in the DEEC Book Part I (Import) Part C and Part D, intimate by Telex the particulars of the duty-free materials imported as entered in Part D of the DEEC Book to the Customs  House where the DEEC Book is registered. Tile Customs House where the DEEC Book is registered, must issue the TRA only after the Bond/ Bank Guarantee has been executed by the importer.

3. Custom Houses should take immediate action to issue suitable standing orders/ Departmental orders for the information of the field staff. Suitable trade/ public notices may also be issued for information of the trade. Copies of the same should be sent to Director (Drawback) and DGIACCE.

(Sunil Kumar)
Director (Drawback)

Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Post by Date
April 2024