Ministry of Labour & Employment
(Government of India)
1. Maximum assured benefit up to Rs.7 lakh paid to nominee or legal heir of EPF member, if death occurs while in service.
2. Minimum assurance benefit of Rs.2.5 lakh, if deceased member was in continuous employment for 12 months prior to his/her death.
3. Minimal contribution by employer @0.5% of employees’ monthly wages, up to wage ceiling of Rs.15,000.
4. No contribution paid by employee.
5. Auto enrollment of PF members in EDLI Scheme.
6. Benefit directly credited to bank account of nominee or legal heir.