MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Economic Affairs)
(INFRASTRUCTURE POLICY AND PROGRAMME SECTION)
New Delhi, the 14th November, 2017
F. No. 13/1/2017-INF.—With the approval of the Competent Authority, an updated Harmonized Master List of Infrastructure Sub-sectors (Annexure-I) is hereby notified. The new list incorporates the following change to the notification dated 17th October, 2017:
S. Selvakumar, Jt. Secy (IPF)
Updated Harmonized Master List of Infrastructure Sub-sectors
|• Roads and bridges
• Ports 1
• Shipyards 2
• Inland Waterways
• Railway Track, tunnels, viaducts, bridges, terminal infrastructure including stations and adjoining commercial infrastructure
• Urban Public Transport (except rolling stock in case of urban road transport)
• Logistics Infrastructure3
|2.||Energy||• Electricity Generation
• Electricity Transmission
• Electricity Distribution
• Oil pipelines
• Oil/Gas/Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) storage facility 4
• Gas pipelines 5
|3.||Water and Sanitation||• Solid Waste Management
• Water supply pipelines
• Water treatment plants
• Sewage collection, treatment and disposal system
• Irrigation (dams, channels, embankments, etc.)
• Storm Water Drainage System
• Slurry Pipelines
|4.||Communication||• Telecommunication (fixed network) 6
• Telecommunication towers
• Telecommunication & Telecom Services
|5.||Social and Commercial
|• Education Institutions (capital stock)
• Sports Infrastructure 7
• Hospitals (capital stock) 8
• Tourism infrastructure viz. (i) three-star or higher category classified hotels located outside cities with population of more than 1 million, (ii) ropeways and cable cars
• Common infrastructure for Industrial Parks and other parks with industrial activity such as food parks, textile parks, Special Economic Zones, tourism facilities and agriculture markets
• Post-harvest storage infrastructure for agriculture and horticultural produce including cold storage
• Terminal markets
• Soil-testing laboratories
• Cold Chain 9
• Affordable Housing 10
1. Includes Capital Dredging
2. “Shipyard” is defined as a floating or land-based facility with the essential features of waterfront, turning basin, berthing and docking facility, slipways and/or ship lifts, and which is self sufficient for carrying on shipbuilding/ repair/breaking activities.
3. “Logistics Infrastructure” means and includes Multimodal Logistics Park comprising Inland Container Depot (ICD) with minimum investment of Rs. 50 crore and minimum area of 10 acre, Cold Chain Facility with minimum investment of Rs. 15 crore and minimum area of 20,000 sft, and/or Warehousing Facility with investment of minimum Rs. 25 crore and minimum area of 1 lakh sq ft.
4. Includes strategic storage of crude oil.
5. Includes city gas distribution network.
6. Includes optic fibre/wire/cable networks which provide broadband / Internet.
7. Includes the provision of Sports Stadia and Infrastructure for Academies for Training/Research in Sports and Sports- related activities.
8. Includes Medical Colleges, Para Medical Training Institutes and Diagnostics Centres.
9. Includes cold room facility for farm level pre-cooling, for preservation or storage of agriculture and allied produce, marine products and meat.
10. “Affordable Housing” is defined as a housing project using at least 50% of the Floor Area Ratio (FAR)/Floor Space Index (FSI) for dwelling units with carpet area@ of not more than 60 square meters.
@ “Carpet Area” shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (k) of section 2 of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016.