Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
Subject: Non-submission of mandatory Annual Returns (FC-6) for 2009-2010, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 by associations registered under FCRA 2010
As per Section 18(1) of Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 (FCRA 2010) and Rule 17(1) of Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules 2011 (FCRR 2011), associations registered under FCRA 2010 are required to submit annual report in Form FC-6, accompanied by an income and expenditure statement, receipt and payment account, balance sheet etc for every financial year beginning on the 1st day of April within nine months of the closure of the financial year, to the Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi. Such associations which did not receive foreign contribution during a particular year are also required to furnish a NIL return for that financial year within the aforesaid period. Thus, non-submission of mandatory Annual Return is violation of FCRA 2010 and FCRR 2011.
2. On scrutiny of records, it has been found that the mandatory annual returns for the years 2009-2010, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 have not been received from the associations whose names appears in the Annexure below. Notices are being sent to these associations by post at their known addresses.
3. In case, the aforesaid returns have been filed by the associations whose names appear in the Annexure, copies of the said returns along with proof of their submission may immediately be furnished to this Ministry.
4. In case the aforesaid returns have not been filed, the associations are advised to submit justification immediately as to why their registration under FCRA, 2010 should not be cancelled for non-filing of return within the stipulated time period under Section 14(1)(d) of FCRA, 2010 for violating Section 18 thereof and Rule 17(1) of FCRR 2011.
5. The reply may be sent at the following address:
Under Secretary (MU)
FCRA Wing, Foreigners Division,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
Jai Singh Road (Opposite Jantar Mantar),
6. While sending reply, please write “FC-6 for 2009-12” on the top left hand corner of the envelop.
7. In case no reply is received from the associations within the stipulated period mentioned in the letters being dispatched to their known addresses, action for cancellation of registration granted to the association will be initiated under Section 14(1)(d) of the FCRA 2010.
For More Visit- http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/FCRANotice_300914.pdf