A circular dated 5 May 2010 is issued by Employee Provident Fund Organization (Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt of India) in relation to implementation to EPFiGMS. This circular is issued by the Central Provident Fund Commissioner to Additional / Regional Provident Fund Commissioners and related officers.
Objective :-To provide a single window platform that is able to record, acknowledge, track/ monitor grievance until its final redressal.
- Convenience to register the grievance or queries of subscribers I No spatial or temporal restriction involved.
- Access to the system from anywhere
- Paper Grievances can also be addressed.
- Helpful to field officers in managing the grievance.
- Tracking the movement of Registered grievance, to any of the office to which it is related
- Registration can be done directly by the subscriber online or
- Paper Grievance received locally in field office have to be mandatorily registered in the EPFiGMS or
- Grievance can also be registered through the facilitation centre or the PRO of each field office
- On registration of Grievance a Unique Registration Number is generated.
- Ownership of grievance lies with the office which has generated the grievance.
- Timeframe of 30 days for each office for redressal of grievance of grievance.
- If grievance, not attended then escalated to next higher authority, and subordinate officer answerable for lapse.
- Maximum time frame to a field officer for redressal / reply of grievance is 30 days from receipt
- If grievance, not attended then escalated to next higher authority, and subordinate officer answerable for lapse
- System allows handling of grievance involving two or more office e.g. transfer of pension cases where one office can handle only partial redressal and remaining needs to be done by other office
- It may be ensured System is not bypassed in handling local grievances.
- Necessary Logistic support is provided in each office.
- Facilitation Center /PRO of each office is equipped with system for registration of grievance of visiting subscribers.
- For effective implementation, the operation is performed under the supervision of officer in charge/ Nodal Grievance Officer.
- A detailed standard operating procedure is available for information and guidelines.
Monitoring of Grievance
Designated Nodal grievance officers are as follows
- ACC Zone–Nodal Grievance officer for entire zone
- RPFC-I (In charge of Region)-Nodal Grievance officer for entire region
- Officer-In-Charge SRO-Nodal Grievance Officer for entire SRO