MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 8th September, 2020
G.S.R. 550(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 43 of the Emigration Act, 1983 (31 of 1983), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Emigration Rules, 1983, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement:
(1) These rules may be called the Emigration (Amendment) Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come in to force on the date of their publication in the official gazette.
2. In the Emigration Rules, 1983, the rule 8 shall be amended till 31st March 2021 by replacing fifty lakh with twenty five lakh in 8(a), eight lakh with four lakh in 8(b) and 8(c).
3. In the Emigration Rules, 1983, under rule 9A , the following shall be inserted at the end, namely “All Recruiting Agents (RAs) whose registration certificate (RCs) are expiring upto 30th March 2021 are given an extension of licenses upto 31st March 2021, without requiring them to apply or pay fees for this extension. This is like a moratorium in other sectors and done in view of almost complete cessation of all business activities due to Covid-19. The RAs who are eligible for this extension shall send an email to the jurisdictional Under Secretary in OE and PGE Division for getting their RC expiry date extended till 31st March, 2021 in eMigrate system.
4. In the Emigration Rules, 1983, Rule 10(1)(xv)(a) shall be amended till 31st March 2021 by replacing fifty square meters with adequate area.
[F. No. Z-11025/75/2017-OE-III]
YOGESHWAR SANGWAN, Jt. Secy. & Protector General of Emigrants
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary vide notification No. S.O. 941(E), dated the 30th December, 1983 and were subsequently amended vide notification numbers:
1. S.O. 665(E), dated the 10th September, 1986;
2. G.S.R. 111(E), dated the 24th February, 1987;
3. G.S.R. 375(E), dated the 23th March, 1989;
4. S.O. 111(E), dated the 8th February, 1996;
5. S.O. 159(E), dated the 28th February, 1996;
6. S.O. 526(E), dated the 22th July, 1996;
7. G.S.R. 713(E), dated the 18th October, 2002;
8. S.O.1205(E),dated the 14th October, 2003;
9. G.S.R 143(E), dated the 26th February, 2004;
10. G.S.R. 773(E), dated the 25th November, 2004;
11. G.S.R. 50(E), dated the 6th February, 2006;
12. S.O.289(E), dated the 7th March, 2006;
13. S.O. 856(E), dated the 6th June, 2006;
14. S.O. 2161(E), dated the 28th December, 2006;
15. S.O. 366(E), dated the 14th March, 2007;
16. S.O. 776(E), dated the 18th May, 2007;
17. G.S.R. 658(E), dated the 15th October, 2007;
18. G.S.R. 111(E), dated the 8th February, 1996;
19. G.S.R. 511(E), dated the 9th July, 2009;
20. G.S.R. 726(E), dated the 21st September, 2015;
21. G.S.R. 1505(E), dated the 12th December, 2017;
22. G.S.R. 1510(E), dated the 14th December, 2017;