1. Every e-commerce entity shall provide the following information in a clear and accessible manner on its platform displayed prominently to its users:
(i) legal name of the e-commerce entity;
(ii) name and details of its website;
(iii) principal geographic address of its headquarters and all branches;
(iv) contact details like e-mail address, fax, landline and mobile numbers of customer care and mobile number of grievance officer.
2. Every e-commerce entity shall establish an adequate grievance redressal mechanism having regard to the number of grievances ordinarily received by such entity from India. For this purpose, e-commerce entity shall appoint a grievance officer for consumer grievance redressal. The name, contact details and designation of grievance officer shall be displayed on its platform.
3. Every e-commerce entity shall ensure that the grievance officer (as mentioned above in point 2) acknowledges the receipt of any consumer complaint within forty-eight hours. Also, the entities is under obligation to redresses the complaint within one month from the date of receipt of the complaint.
4. In case E-commerce Entities offers Imported Goods or Services for Sale then e-commerce entities shall mention the name and details of any importer from whom it has purchased such goods or services or who may be a seller on its platform.
5. No e-commerce entity shall impose cancellation charges on consumers cancelling after confirming purchase unless similar charges are borne by the e- commerce entity if they cancel the purchase order unilaterally for any reason.