Delhi Govt order on issue of collection of school fees
1. To collect annual school fees (only all permitted heads of fees) from their students
2. Providing deduction of 15 per cent on that amount of 2020-21 in lieu of unutilised facilities by the students during the relevant period of academic year 2021-22
3. The amount so payable by the concerned students be paid in six equal monthly installments w.e.f. 10.06.2021
4. No earmarked levies such as transportation charges etc. will be charged from the parents during the period the schools remains closed.
5. In no case, the schools shall demand and collect the fees from the parents/students on quarterly basis i.e. fees will be collected on monthly basis only.
6. Not to increase any fee in the academic session 2020-21 till further directions
GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION
(PRIVATE SCHOOL BRANCH)
OLD SECRETARIAT, DELHI–110054
In pursuance to the order dated 3105.2021 in WPC 7526/2020 of Single Bench of the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi and interim order dated 07.06.2021 in LPA 184/2021 of the Division Bench of Flon’ble High Court of Delhi, to prevent the profiteering and commercialization and subject to the outcome of the LPA No. 184/2021 and further in terms of Section 17(3) and Section 18(4) of the DSEAR, 1973, management of all the petitioners private unaided recognized schools of Delhi (as per Enclosure-1 ), are hereby directed to comply with the following directions:-
(i) To collect annual school fees (only all permitted heads of fees) from their students as fixed under the DSEAR, 1973 for the academic year 2020-21, but by providing deduction of 15 per cent on that amount in lieu of unutilised facilities by the students during the relevant period of academic year 2021-22.
Illustration:- If the monthly fee of the school in FY 2020-21 is (1) Tuition Fee :-2000/- (2) Development Fee :- Rs.500/- (subject to the maintenance of DRF Account by the school) (iii) Annual Charges :Rs. 500/- (Total school fee per month :- Rs.3000/- in FY 2020-21)
As per the said Hon’ble High Court’s order the schools are entitled to collect the school fee per month in FY-2020-21 @ Rs. 2550/ per month after deduction of 15%.
If the school has collected the fee in excess to the direction issued by the Hon”ble Court as referred above, the same shall be refunded to the parents or adjusted in the subsequent month of fee or refund to the parents.
(ii) The amount so payable by the concerned students be paid in six equal monthly installments w.e.f. 10.06.2021.
(iii) Regardless of the above, it will be open to the appellants (concerned schools) to give further concession to their students or to evolve a different pattern for giving concession over and above those noted in clauses (i) and (ii) above.
(iv) If any individual request is made by the parent/ward finding it difficult to remit annual fees for the academic year 2020-21 in the above terms, the school Management to consider such representation on case-to-case basis sympathetically.
(v) That pursuant to the order passed by the Division Bench of the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in LPA No. 184/2021, the above arrangement will be applicable in respect of collection of fees for the academic year 202122, as is payable by students of the concerned school as and when it becomes due and payable.
(vi) The school Management shall not withhold the name of any student/candidate for the ensuring Board examinations for Classes X and XII on the ground of non-payment of fee/arrears for the academic year 2020-21, if any, on obtaining undertaking of the concerned parents/students.”
(vii) Apart from above, the remaining following directions as contained in the orders dated 18.04.2020 dated 28/08/2020 shall also be complied with by the petitioners school :-
(a) No earmarked levies such as transportation charges etc. will be charged from the parents during the period the schools remains closed.
(b) In no case, the schools shall demand and collect the fees from the parents/students on quarterly basis i.e. fees will be collected on monthly basis only.
(c) Not to increase any fee in the academic session 2020-21 till further directions irrespective of the fact whether or not the school is running on the private land or the land allotted by DDA/Other Govt. Land Owning Agencies.
(d) The schools running on the land allotted by the DDA/Other Land Owning Agencies with the condition to seek approval of Director (Education) before any fee increase, shall collect the above mentioned fees on the basis of last fee structure approved by Director (Education)or as per fee statement filed by them under 17 (3) of DSEAR, 1973 during academic session 2015-16.
(e) The schools shall ensure to provide the access of Online Education/material/classes to all students, without any discrimination, by providing them ID and Password immediately to get them online education facility.
(f) Heads of the schools shall, in no case, deny ID & Password to those students/parents for getting online access of educational facilities/classes/materials etc to those students who are unable to pay the school fee due to financial crisis arising out of closure of business activities during lockdown or due to death of bread earner of the family earning parent of the child, due to Covid-19.
(g) Managing Committee of the schools/Heads of the schools shall not put extra financial burden by creating any new head of fee.
(h) Shall neither stop payment of monthly salary nor reduce the existing total emolument to the teaching and non-teaching staff of their schools in the name of non-availability of funds and arrange the funds in case of any shortfalls from the Society/Trust running the school.
In view of above, all the HOS/Managers of Petitioners Private Un-aided Recognized Schools are hereby directed to ensure the compliance of above said directions. Non-compliance of this order shall be viewed seriously and action shall be taken against the defaulter schools under Section 24 of Delhi School Education Act & Rules, 1973 or other applicable laws.
(UDIT PRAKASH RAI)
Only all HOS/Managers
Private Unaided Recognized Schools, Delhi (As per Enclosure-1,
Annexure P-4 of WPC referred above).
1. PS to Hon’ble Dy.CM/MoE, GNCT of Delhi.
2. PS to Chief Secretary/Chairperson, State Executive Committee, GNCT of Delhi
3. PS to Secretary (Education), GNCTD.
4. PS to Director (Education),GNCTD.
5. All Regional Directors of Education, GNCTD.
6. All District Dy. Directors of Education, GNCTD with the directions to ensurethe compliance of the above said directions by all the Private Schools and take immediate action against the defaulter schools.
7. All Dy. Directors of Education (Zone), GNCTD with the directions to ensure the compliance of the above said directions by all the Private Schools and take immediate action against the defaulter schools.
8. OS(IT) to upload this order on the website of DoE.
9. Guard File.
(YOGESH PAL SINGH)
DY. DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION (PSB)