Commerce & Industries Department,
Karnataka Government Secretariat,
Vikasa Soudha, Dr. BR Ambedkar Road,
Bangalore – 560001.
Tel. 080-22034340 Fax. 080-22353932
No. Cl 06 SPI 2020
Sub: Closure of industries – Exemption to continuous process industries – COVID-19
Ref: 1. Order No.CI 06 SPI 2020 Dated 24.03.2020
2. MHA Order No.40-3/2020-DM-l(A) Dated 27.03.2020
3. Proceedings of the State Executive Committee meeting held on 31.03.2020 under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary.
The Govt. of Karnataka in its order referred at (1) above has exempted certain category of industries to carry on their manufacturing activities keeping in view the importance of maintaining supply chain of essential commodities during lock down.
Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt.of India, in its order referred to at (2) above, has exempted certain industrial establishments which includes production units, which require continuous process from the purview of the ongoing lockdown after obtaining requisite permission from the State Government.
In the State Executive Committee meeting held on 31.03.2020 under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary, Government of Karnataka, the following decision has been taken:
In view of the above, the State Government hereby notifies the following category of industries as the “Continuous Process Industrial Units” and they are exempted from the existing lockdown in order to prevent the damage to the plant / production machineries & to ensure industrial safety, with a condition that these units to operate with a bare minimal strength of staff/labour & shall follow the guidelines/instructions of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare , Government of lndia and Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Karnataka with regard to the preventive measures to be taken for combating COVID-19 as enumerated in Annexure to this Circular:
(i) Integrated Steel Plant
(ii) Petroleum Refinery Unit
(iii) Cement plant
(iv) Fertilizer Plant
(v) Pulp and Paper unit
(vi) Glass Manufacturing Unit
(vii) Coal Tar Distillation Unit
This relaxation applies only to operation of the plants and not applicable to their head offices/ administrative offices.
Principal Secretary to Govt.
Commerce & Industries Dept.
All the Deputy Commissioners of the Districts.
Copy for information and necessary action.
1) Additional Chief Secretary to Government, Health & Family Welfare Department, Vikasa Soudha, Bangalore.
2) Commissioner of Police, Bangalore City, Bangalore.
3) Principal Secretary to Government (MSME & Mines), Commerce & Industries Department, Vikasa Soudha, Bengaluru.
4) The Commissioner, Department of Health & Family Welfare, Banglaore.
5) The Commissioner, BBMP / Special Commissioner, BBMP.
6) Commissioner for Industrial Development & Director of Industries & Commerce
7) Private Secretary to Chief Minister, Vidhana Soudha, Bengaluru-O1.
8) Personal Secretary to Chief Secretary, Bengaluru.
9) All the Industry Associations.
10) Guard File i Spare Copies.
ANNEXURE TO CIRCULAR NO. CI 06 SPI 2020 DATED 03.04.2020
1. Install thermal scanners at the entry of factory gate for screening of all employees / workers for temperature. lf anyone found with fever needs to be reported to local health department.
2. All employees and visitors must use hand sanitizers/wash mandatorily before entering the premises.
3. To provide masks to all the employees and advise them to wear without fail.
4. To keep a safe distance of 1.5 meters between employees to be kept in the factory at any time.
5. Employees to avoid physical greeting.
6. To display precautionary measures like Visual Communication – Posters, Banners to be placed at work, in local language and educate employees by public address system at equal intervals, every day.
7. To provide hot water facility for drinking.
8. Employees carry their own water bottles and maintain high standards of personal hygiene to protect the health of themselves and others by washing hands with soap water every time before and after use of all common facilities.
9. To ensure regular supply of hand sanitizers, soap and running water in the washrooms.
10. To instruct Employees wash their hands using soap, before they use common water points and instructions have to be placed at drinking water points.
11. To make sure House Keeping team is on the job to improve hygiene standards and clean all access gates, hand rails, door handles/knobs frequently, to improve hygiene and make sure wash rooms are cleaned frequently.
12. In cafeteria/canteen area, canteen workers should wear gloves, masks and maintain hygiene at alltimes.
13. Any employee having cough, cold, fever or any visible symptom are advised to leave the work place under the guidance of HR, Welfare and EHS Team.
14. To keep watch on the hygiene practices and bringing improvements required immediately.
15. To suspend all kinds of business travel by employees (domestic & overseas).
16. Employees who have undertaken personal / business travel abroad are advised to stay at home for period of two weeks and seek prior approval of the management before they return to work.
17. To avoid all internal meetings and training programmes involving assembly of employees.
18. Biometric to be discontinued.
19. To operate the units with a bare minimal strength of staff/labour.
20. Other preventive measures issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare , Government of India and Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Karnataka from time to time.
21. Companies to take other preventive measures over & above the mentioned as deemed fit.
Principal Secretary to Govt.
Commerce & Industries Dept.