Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) Registration in India.
If you want to Start Export of Food Products such as Fruits, Vegetable, Meat, Poultry Products, Dairy Products, Confectionery, Biscuits, Bakery Products, Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products, Cocoa products, Chocolates, Floriculture Products, Pickles, Papads and Chutneys, etc from India, then you need APEDA Registration In India.
Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organization established in 1985 for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products.
It provides financial assistance, information, guidelines towards the development of scheduled products. The products specified under the “APEDA ACT” are known as schedule products and exporters of such scheduled products (Annex: List of Scheduled Products) are required register under APEDA.
1. Fruits, vegetables and their products,
2. Meat and meat products,
3. Poultry and poultry products,
4. Dairy products,
5. Confectionary, biscuits and bakery products,
6. Honey, jaggery and sugar products,
7. Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds,
8. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages,
9. Cereals and Cereal products,
10. Groundnuts, peanuts and walnuts,
11. Pickles, chutneys and papads,
12. Guar Gum,
13. Floriculture and floriculture products,
14. Herbal and medicinal plants.
THE SECOND SCHEDULE
1. “Basmati Rice”
For APEDA Registration, the applicant should submit the application form within 1 month from the date of undertaking the business. If the exporter of scheduled products fails to register within that time limit due to sufficient cause, such date can be extended only by the Authority.
Nature of Registration:
This registration is one-time registration.
Advantages of APEDA Registration:
1. For export of scheduled products (Annex: List of Scheduled Products), APEDA registration is mandatory.
2. Exporters can avail the various financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
3. It helps the exporters in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc.
4. Registered members can participate in training programmes organized by APEDA for various scheduled products and thereby improve their business.
Following documents are required with application form:
1. Self-certified copy of Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T.
2. Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities.
3. Bank A/c statement of the bank account of the firm (for latest 2 months)
4. In case the exporter desired to register as Manufacturer Exporter, they should furnish a self attested copy of the registration of the company with the relevant certification agencies for the products given below Products Certification Agencies:
(i) Floriculture and seeds: Dept. of Horticulture/DIC/SIA/FSSAI
(ii) Fruits & Vegetables: Dept. Of Agriculture/ Horticulture/DIC/SIA/FSSAI
(iii) Groundnut / Pulses / Guargum DIC / SIA / FSSAI / Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum issued by Ministry of MSME Processed Fruits & Vegetables/ Processed Food Products/Meat products/Cereals preparation/ Misc: FSSAI
(iv) Preparation Dairy/Poultry/Honey FSSAI/EIC/EIA Alcoholic Beverages: Dept. of Excise Commissioner Cereals: DIC / SIA / FSSAI / Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum issued by Ministry of MSME.
Govt Fees for APEDA Registration:
The exporter may submit Registration Fees of INR 5,900/- (including GST) with APEDA Authority for application .
Once the application duly filed and paid by the applicant, the authority will issue Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC).
The Information provided is best to the knowledge and understanding of the author as on date.
The Author is not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information.
(The author is Practising Company Secretary and can be reached at 8375877464 or E-mail: [email protected]).