Name Application for the Company / Spice+ Part A / Name Application of Company Through Spice + Part A/ Reservation of Name
Name Application for a Company could be made through SPICe+ Part A under New Application. From 23rd February, 2020 filing of WEB Based Form RUN for Name Application has been discontinued for Name Application. Now, Form RUN WEB Based is used only for Change of Name of an existing Company.
CHECK POINTS BEFORE NAME APPLICATION:
Before applying for Name we need to Check whether name is available.
1) For this, under MCA services on MCA site (mca.gov.in) under Company services in option Check Company Name we need to check whether Company is already incorporated with that name / similar name or name is available.
2) Secondly, one needs to even do the trademark search for the same.
For Example: Company name is starting with word Signature. Now Signature is a registered Trademark. So, one cannot apply for the such name without NOC from the existing Company.
Details required to filed in SPICe+ Part A
Type of Company
Class of Company
Category of Company
Sub-category of Company
Main division of Industrial activity of the Company (List is attached at the last)
Particulars of Proposed Names [MAXIMUM TWO PROPOSED NAMES CAN BE APPLIED OF WHICH Central Registration Centre (CRC) approves one Name]
CHOOSE FILE: (ATTACHMENTS)
Under Choose File one needs to attach the Main Object of the Company.
NOC or any Optional attachments required.
Through Auto-Check we come to know whether Name proposed for Application is already reserved or we can apply for the same.
If through preliminary check it appears that Name has not been applied then one can go ahead with the Name Application if following information is received on clicking of Name.
Based on a preliminary check conducted by the system, it appears that the name applied for is not identical to an existing name in the electronic registry. However, the name proposed by you for your company is still subject to a more comprehensive check at Central Registration Centre (CRC). Before applying for a name, you may like to be familiar with the Companies (Incorporation) Rules 2014, as amended, and conduct your own Name and Trade Mark search, (the links for which are separately available under MCA Services). Please also note that fresh fee is payable for every new application.
If Name is already reserved, then it will show following information:
* Proposed name is similar to the name of an existing Company/LLP in accordance with Rule 8(1)(a) of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014
One cannot apply for Name if it shows such information.
Once, after Auto check, is done and attachments are attach one needs to click on Save. Once, the same is saved it will show following:
* Spice+ Part A details have been successfully saved!
Then, Once when we click on Submit, it will ask whether want to proceed for Incorporation or submit only Name Application.
If only wants to apply for Name, then click on Submit for Name Reservation it will ask you the payment.
Payment of Rs. 1000/- to be done for Name Application.
Points to be kept in mind for Name Application to avoid Resubmission / Rejections:
1) Proper Search whether Name proposed is not reserved
2) Proper Trademark Search should be done
3) If a Company / LLP is incorporated with similar name to the Name proposed to be applied. Then one should avoid applying for that name as same could come for resubmission / Rejection.
4) There should be proper Prefix and suitable Suffix to the Name to be applied.
Example : Company wants to apply for Fashion Company Name.
Wish to apply: Trading Fashion Private Limited
Here the above name does not has a proper Prefix nor Suffix is correct. We may not get the name.
Herein, it should be applied as :Khanna Vogue Private Limited / Khanna Fashions Private Limited
Its, important that at Correct place correct Prefix and Suffix has been stated in the name.
Example Wish to apply: Agro Fruits Private Limited
Here the above name does nor has a proper Prefix nor Suffix is correct. We may not get the name.
Herein, Agro word / Fruits word should be used as Suffix not as Prefix.
Brief: Correct Prefix and Suffix should be added to Name.
5) Many Resubmission or Rejections of Name the reason is Name is too general.
Name which does not have a proper Prefix and does not have a Unique suffix then this query does not come. So, one needs to apply for Unique Name not too generic.
6) Class of Company needs to be mentioned correctly while apply for the Name. (List is attached below)
7) In case of OPC Company. Word (OPC) should be there in the Name.
8) Do not enter abbreviation ‘PVT’ , (P), ‘LTD’. Full form i.e Private, Public, Limited should be mentioned.
9) Name : A B Enterprises Private Limited, The Fashions Private Limited. Such names cannot be applied. Word starting such intialare not allowed.
10) Keywords like Industry/ Udyog, Enterprises, Products, Business, manufacturing may be considered when the company proposes to deal in various business activities/ the company is already carrying on various business activities (in case of change of name). As your business activity is in particular trade said keywords cannot be allowed
11) Words like International, Hindustan, India, Bharat, Continental, Asiatic, Corporation will not be allowed unless the scope and scale of business of the proposed company justify the use of words
12) Proposed name indicates the partnership or the patronage of any National Leader or of Government. Please furnish necessary evidence in this regard to consider the matter further
1) it attracts the provisions of section 3 of the Emblems and Names (Prevention and Improper Use) Act, 1950 (12 of 1950);
2) it includes any word or words which are offensive to any section of the people;
3) the proposed name is identical with or too nearly resembles with a name which is for the time being reserved in accordance with rule 9:
4) the company’s name is indicative of activities financing, leasing, chit fund, investments, securities or combination thereof, but the company’s main business is not related to such activities;
5) it resembles closely the popular or abbreviated description of an existing company or limited liability partnership;
6) the proposed name contains the words ‘British India’;
7) the proposed name include words such as ‘Insurance’, ‘Bank’, ‘Stock Exchange’, ‘Venture Capital’, ‘Asset Management’, ‘Nidhi’, ‘Mutual fund’ etc., unless a declaration is submitted by the applicant that the requirements mandated by the respective regulator, such as IRDA, RBI, SEBI, MCA etc. have been complied with by the applicant;
8) the proposed name includes the word “State”, in case the company is not a government company;
9) the proposed name is containing only the name of a continent, country, state, city such as Asia limited, Germany Limited, Haryana Limited, Mysore Limited;
10) Proposed name includes words like National, Central, Union, Federal etc which are considered as undesirable
11) the plural or singular form of words in one or both name
List of Division of Industrial Activity is as followed
|Categories||Business Description||Activity Code|
|Agriculture and Allied Activities||Agriculture, Hunting and related Service activities||01|
|Forestry, logging and related Service activities||03|
|Fishing, Operation of fish hatcheries and fish farms; Service activities incidental to fishing||05|
|Mining & Quarrying||Mining of coal and lignite, extraction of peat||10|
|Extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas, service activities incidental to oil and gas extraction excluding surveying||11|
|Mining of uranium and thorium ores||12|
|Mining of metal ores||13|
|Other Mining and Quarrying||14|
|Manufacturing (Food stuffs)||Manufacture of food products and beverages||15|
|Manufacture of tobacco products||16|
|Manufacturing (Textiles)||Manufacture of textiles||17|
|Manufacture of wearing apparel, dressing and dyeing of fur||18|
|Manufacturing (Leather & products thereof)||Tanning and dressing of leather, manufacture of luggage handbags, saddlery& harness and footwear||19|
|Manufacturing (Wood Products)||Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plating materials||20|
|Manufacturing (Paper& Paper||Manufacture of paper and paper products||21|
|Products; Publishing, printing and reproduction of recorded media)||Publishing, printing and reproduction of recorded media||22|
|Manufacturing (Metals & Chemicals, and products thereof)||Manufacture of coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel||23|
|Manufacture of chemicals and chemical products||24|
|Manufacture of rubber and plastic products||25|
|Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products||26|
|Manufacture of basic metals||27|
|Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipments||28|
|Manufacturing (Machinery &Equipments)||Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c||29|
|Manufacture of office, accounting and computing machinery||30|
|Manufacture of electrical machinery and apparatus n.e.c||31|
|Manufacture of radio, television and communication equipment and apparatus||32|
|Manufacture of medical, precision and optical instruments, watches and clocks||33|
|Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers||34|
|Manufacture of other transport equipment||35|
|Manufacturing (Others)||Manufacture of furniture; manufacturing n.e.c||36|
|Electricity, Gas & Water companies||Electricity, gas, steam and hot water supply||40|
|Collection, purification and distribution of water||41|
|Trading||Sale, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and motor cycles; retail sale of automotive fuel||50|
|Wholesale trade and commission trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles||51|
|Retail trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles, repair of personal and household goods||52|
|Hotels and Restaurants||55|
|Transport, storage and Communications||Land transport; transport via pipelines||60|
|Supporting and auxiliary transport activities, activities of travel agencies||63|
|Post and telecommunications||64|
|Finance, Insurance||Financial intermediation, except insurance and pension funding||65|
|Insurance and pension funding, except compulsory social security||66|
|Activities auxiliary to financial intermediation||67|
|Real Estate and Renting||Real estate activities||70|
|Renting of machinery and equipment without operator and of personal and household goods||71|
|Business Services||Computer and related activities||72|
|Research and Development||Research and Development||73|
|Other Business Activities||Other Business Activities||74|
|Community, personal & Social Services||Public Administration and Defence, compulsory social security||75|
|Health and Social Work||85|
|Sewage and refuse disposal, sanitation and similar activities||90|
|Activities of membership organizations n.e.c.||91|
|Recreational, cultural and sporting activities||92|
|Other Service activities||93|
|Activities of private households as employers of domestic staff||95|
|Undifferentiated goods-producing activities of private households for own use||96|
|Undifferentiated service-producing activities of private households for own use||97|
|Extra territorial organizations and bodies||99|
Content is merely for sharing knowledge. Get in touch with For any queries. Author can be reached at [email protected] or 9773763430 do write to us. Author Provides all Compliances services for Companies / LLPs and Partnership.