E-Form INC-22A: Active Company
Effective Date: 25.02.2019
Filing Due Date: 25.04.2019
Rule 25A of Companies (Incorporation) Amendments Rules, 2019 mandates every company, except specified, to file e-form 22-Active (Active Company Tagging Identities and Verification) along with following information “on or before 25.04.2019 without any fees”:
1. Latitude & Longitude Details of the Location of Registered Office
2. Email ID of the Company to which an OTP shall be sent by MCA for verification
3. Basic Details of the current Statutory Auditors and Cost Auditors, if any, of the Company.
4. Basic Details of MD/WTD/KMP, if any, of the Company.
5. Photograph of Registered Office showing external building, bearing name plate, and inside office also showing therein at least one Director/KMP who has affixed his/her Digital Signature this form
6. Latest Annual filing forms details.
7. Latest list of Directors of the Company.
Prerequisites: Before initiating filing of e-Form 22-Active.
1. Annual filing forms must have been filed with ROC.
2. Statutory/Cost Auditors’ Appointment/re-appointment forms must have been filed with ROC
3. Company Secretary, wherever required in any company, must be appointed at the earliest.
Following are the consequences of non filing e-form-22-A before due date i.e. 25.04.2019:
1. The Company has to bear fine of Rs. 10,000 post 25.04.2019
2. The Company shall be tagged as “Active – Non Compliant” in MCA Portal
3. The Company shall not be able to file various e-forms with ROC till the date of default of filing e-form 22-A and will lead to heavy penalty on all the future -e forms of the Company.
(Author – CS Avinash Saini and can be contacted at [email protected])